Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: Ok I lied.  Hauling (or anyone) could you help me underst...

ptrutkowski wrote:

Well, it's late, and I'm a little foggy.

Did the $1800 show on your 8/17 statement? If so, then yes, you must pay at least the minimum by 9/15. If you don't pay the full amount by 9/15, you will owe interest on the unpaid balance, and that interest due will show up on your 9/whatever statement. If it didn't show on your statement, and it only shows up online as your current balance, then it's not due on 9/15.

(btw, does it say somewhere that your next statement will drop on 9/19? Some banks due publish that figure.)

* yawns *

Nope, it just says Next Statement Date 9/19

That's the date you're looking for. Time your payments so that the balance (and therefore utilization) you want is achieved several days before 9/19.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Statement Date

[ Edited ]

MarineVietVet wrote:

ptrutkowski wrote:

Well, it's late, and I'm a little foggy.

Did the $1800 show on your 8/17 statement? If so, then yes, you must pay at least the minimum by 9/15. If you don't pay the full amount by 9/15, you will owe interest on the unpaid balance, and that interest due will show up on your 9/whatever statement. If it didn't show on your statement, and it only shows up online as your current balance, then it's not due on 9/15.

(btw, does it say somewhere that your next statement will drop on 9/19? Some banks due publish that figure.)

* yawns *

Nope, it just says Next Statement Date 9/19

That's the date you're looking for. Time your payments so that the balance (and therefore utilization) you want is achieved several days before 9/19.

+1 to MVV.

To repeat from earlier in this same thread:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Statement date = posting date = drop date = closing date. These are all different from the due date, which is generally 2-3 weeks after the statement date. The due date is the date that your money (= the balance on the statement, or some portion thereof) is due.

So yes, your next statement will appear on the 19th.

edited because the quote function bit me again

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
ptr2593

Ok thanks!

Can someone just verify that this is correct too:

Let's assume:

As of 09/19/11 my balance is $0/4000
Next Due date is 10/15/11

Next Statement date is 10/17/11

Any dollar that I spend after 9/19 will not be due on 10/15 but, if unpaid, will be reported on 10/17?

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

ptrutkowski wrote:

Ok thanks!

Can someone just verify that this is correct too:

Let's assume:

As of 09/19/11 my balance is $0/4000
Next Due date is 10/15/11

Next Statement date is 10/17/11

Any dollar that I spend after 9/19 will not be due on 10/15 but, if unpaid, will be reported on 10/17?

You got it!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

^YES! Thanks for verifying it :smileyhappy:

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+