Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statement balance

Okay, so I am a little confused. I am new to the credit card world (I got my first credit card about 3 months ago). I use my credit card for everything because I get 1% back on everything. Whenever that payment becomes accessible, I am quick to pay it off. When I pay it off, I also pay it off by using pay full balance. I recently noticed that I have $xxx statement balance for September that could also be paid off. I am curious as to why I have to pay that if I pay off my credit card balance in full whenever I use it? I have capital one Journey if that matters at all. Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Statement balance

hmm, is there a monthly fee or annual fee on the card?  Maybe it just hasn't updated- have you checked online?  If you are sure you paid it off- just check your bank account and cross reference with your Cap acct and call customer service

Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Statement balance

I'm assuming September balance where you say could you meant should be paid off. If that's the case your payment may still be pending when your statement closed showing a balance until payment posts.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.