Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement close date question.

tag
H4LO
Established Contributor

Statement close date question.

Silly noob question. 

My statement close date is today on my Freedom.

If I make a payment today, will it show as $0 when it reports?

Tried searching but didn't know what keywords to use lol. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Statement close date question.

It should, assuming they actually credit it today

Message 2 of 6
WNA888
New Contributor

If you make a payment to your Chase CC by 8PM EST, it will post in time for the statement closing.   Remember that you have to make the payment on Chase's website, which means no Bill Pay services from your checking acct.

Alternatively, you can make payment at the Chase branch, and by the federal CARD ACT of 2009, it is required to be posted the same day.

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 3 of 6
adavis425
Established Contributor

@WNA888 wrote:

If you make a payment to your Chase CC by 8PM EST, it will post in time for the statement closing.   Remember that you have to make the payment on Chase's website, which means no Bill Pay services from your checking acct.

Alternatively, you can make payment at the Chase branch, and by the federal CARD ACT of 2009, it is required to be posted the same day.

Also, after 8 pm but before midnight, you can pay by phone by calling the number on the back of your card and they'll credit it the same day for you.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 6
H4LO
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

It should, assuming they actually credit it today

Thanks guys.

I was intending to pay it but wasn't sure if it'd report a balance or not.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 5 of 6
WNA888
New Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@WNA888 wrote:

Also, after 8 pm but before midnight, you can pay by phone by calling the number on the back of your card and they'll credit it the same day for you.

My Chase statements usually closes around 9 to 10pm on the day of the statement closing date.  One time, on the day of the statement closing date, I was tired and fell asleep, I woke up at around 10PM.  I made a payment immediately, but it did not show in the statement since it was already in the process of being closed.  However, the payment did have a post date of the closing date, but it was rolled over to the next billing cycle.  So my statement didn't close with a zero balance.  And also, since I was carrying a small balance at that time, the system immediately generated a statement credit for the interest rate on the next billing cycle.  Just sharing my experience.

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.