cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement closed, yet no payment required?

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

Statement closed, yet no payment required?

So the closing date is today, yet it's still saying no payment required. I know I could push a payment from my bank, but I'd rather pay from American Express' website. When will payment be required? Tomorrow?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Statement closed, yet no payment required?

You could still pay it. Just click pay bill and instead of where the bubble that says payment required click outstanding balance.

Message 2 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You could still pay it. Just click pay bill and instead of where the bubble that says payment required click outstanding balance.

Or just use bill pay your bank.

Message 3 of 6
dude11
Regular Contributor

The statement actually will close at the end of business day today. So tomorrow or possibly tonight you may get the "please pay by" message and what not. Is this your first statement? Is this a hard limit zync with with autopay or NPSL?

Message 4 of 6
NewSurrender
Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

The statement actually will close at the end of business day today. So tomorrow or possibly tonight you may get the "please pay by" message and what not. Is this your first statement? Is this a hard limit zync with with autopay or NPSL?

NPSL Zync. That makes sense though, I'll check back tomorrow and see what it says, thank you.

And I knew I could pay anyways, or pay through my bank, but I wanted to pay through the website when it had a "Please pay by" message, as I was curious if that had any effect on my internal limit.

Message 5 of 6
dude11
Regular Contributor

@NewSurrender wrote:

@dude11 wrote:

NPSL Zync. That makes sense though, I'll check back tomorrow and see what it says, thank you.

And I knew I could pay anyways, or pay through my bank, but I wanted to pay through the website when it had a "Please pay by" message, as I was curious if that had any effect on my internal limit.

If you're concerned about the balance being reported on your CRs then I would pay it right now before it gets any later. If you don't then your balance as of today will report to the CBs.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.