Reply
Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Statement closed, yet no payment required?

 

So the closing date is today, yet it's still saying no payment required. I know I could push a payment from my bank, but I'd rather pay from American Express' website. When will payment be required? Tomorrow?

Established Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎10-30-2012
0

Re: Statement closed, yet no payment required?

[ Edited ]

You could still pay it. Just click pay bill and instead of where the bubble that says payment required click outstanding balance.

Established Contributor
Posts: 866
Registered: ‎09-22-2011
0

Re: Statement closed, yet no payment required?


Joel282 wrote:

You could still pay it. Just click pay bill and instead of where the bubble that says payment required click outstanding balance.


 Or just use bill pay your bank.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 242
Registered: ‎06-07-2011
0

Re: Statement closed, yet no payment required?

[ Edited ]

The statement actually will close at the end of business day today. So tomorrow or possibly tonight you may get the "please pay by" message and what not. Is this your first statement? Is this a hard limit zync with with autopay or NPSL?

Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Re: Statement closed, yet no payment required?


dude11 wrote:

The statement actually will close at the end of business day today. So tomorrow or possibly tonight you may get the "please pay by" message and what not. Is this your first statement? Is this a hard limit zync with with autopay or NPSL?


NPSL Zync. That makes sense though, I'll check back tomorrow and see what it says, thank you.

 

And I knew I could pay anyways, or pay through my bank, but I wanted to pay through the website when it had a "Please pay by" message, as I was curious if that had any effect on my internal limit.

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 242
Registered: ‎06-07-2011
0

Re: Statement closed, yet no payment required?


NewSurrender wrote:

dude11 wrote:

The statement actually will close at the end of business day today. So tomorrow or possibly tonight you may get the "please pay by" message and what not. Is this your first statement? Is this a hard limit zync with with autopay or NPSL?


NPSL Zync. That makes sense though, I'll check back tomorrow and see what it says, thank you.

 

And I knew I could pay anyways, or pay through my bank, but I wanted to pay through the website when it had a "Please pay by" message, as I was curious if that had any effect on my internal limit.

 


If you're concerned about the balance being reported on your CRs then I would pay it right now before it gets any later. If you don't then your balance as of today will report to the CBs.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.