Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Statement cut date

My BoA varies every month! 

Message 11 of 16
lindel
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to all who responded. I do have a better understanding now. The journey continues!

Fico Scores :03/12/2015 Equifax 565, Transunion 585, Experian 563
Current Fico Scores 12/15/2015 EQ 612, TU 645, EX 655
Kay Jewelers 4000/Barclays MC 1300/ Firestone1200/ Cap1 Quicksilver 2300/ NFCU nrewards secured 600/ Macys 600/ Walmart 3500/ Amazon 3500/ Cap 1 Journey 1050/ Kohls 300/ Banana Republic 3500/ Texaco 890/ BP 2000/ Jcrew 250/ Victoria Secrets 250/ Eddie Bauer 250/ Marisota 500/ SimplyBe 500/ Discount Tires 500/ Care Credit 1000/ American Eagle 150/ QVC 2000
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Statement date and due date are fixed for every month, unless you change address or the due date.

That is not my experience.

While my Discover reports on the 13th of every month without fail BoA and Citi will report anywhere from the 5th to the 8th of the month. It always varies with them.

What I said was only specific to Cap1. Confirmed by CSR. Other banks most likely differ.

Message 13 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Statement date and due date are fixed for every month, unless you change address or the due date.

While my Discover reports on the 13th of every month without fail BoA and Citi will report anywhere from the 5th to the 8th of the month. It always varies with them.

What I said was only specific to Cap1. Confirmed by CSR. Other banks most likely differ.

I agree that Cap 1 is like Discover in that respect. Always the same statement date.

Your original comment though was unclear. Thanks for the clarification.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree that Cap 1 is like Discover in that respect. Always the same statement date.

Your original comment though was unclear. Thanks for the clarification.

OP's question was regarding Cap1 only so I assumed it by default in the answer.

Message 15 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

The statement date and the due date perfectly make sense.  Cap1  issues the bill on the 28th of the months and you have time to pay the bill until the 25th of the next month. This is called grace period.  If you pay at least the statement balance by the due date there will not be interest charges. Now if you want to make sure you would like to report less than 10% util you will need to make sure the payment has reached your Cap1 account by 27th so when the statement will cut on 28th it will report your lower utilization. If you do this make sure you pay the amount of the statement by the due date which is the 25th. Don't mix up the statement date and the due date. The most important date is the due date..you miss that and you get a late fee...you miss to pay down before statement date then no big issue other than you get hit for higher utilization. Cap1 dates remain fix every month at least for me. Not like other lenders. Reporting changes a bit but since the statement balance gets reported it does not matter when they report. Generally a few days after the statement is cut with Cap1.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.