cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement dates, due dates, and finance charges. How does it work?

tag
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Statement dates, due dates, and finance charges. How does it work?

Hmmm....are there any cards out there that don't have a grace period for purchases, no matter what?  Not being a wiseguy here.  I'm really wondering if such an animal exists.  

Message 11 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Hmmm....are there any cards out there that don't have a grace period for purchases, no matter what?  Not being a wiseguy here.  I'm really wondering if such an animal exists.  

There are numerous subprime cards out there with no grace period.  It makes the card extremely expensive to use.    

Go look and T&C for Banks like New Millenium, Credit One, First Premier, Applied Bank and you will find quite a few.   

Message 12 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

There are numerous subprime cards out there with no grace period.  It makes the card extremely expensive to use.    

Go look and T&C for Banks like New Millenium, Credit One, First Premier, Applied Bank and you will find quite a few.   

Holy Cow!  I did, and I did.

With all the time I've spent on this site, I never knew this about these cards before today...

Message 13 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Holy Cow!  I did, and I did.

With all the time I've spent on this site, I never knew this about these cards before today...

I generally recommend that people get rid of these things as soon as practical. 

There is a CU that offers a secured card with no grace period but it has no annual fee and it pays interest on deposit.   It would be a good sock drawer card, to never use and show a $0 balance.   I doubt a CU would cancel a secured card for non use.  That is the only case where I would consider a no grace period card.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.