Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Update & More Noob Help :)

tag
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Status Update & More Noob Help :)

hey guys, I wasnt sure to make a new post or continue old one since I have new questions so heres a link to my old one:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Noob-help-please-Which-cards-What-I-should-ask-for-etc/...

Update on new cards:

Since being approved in April moved the BOA balance ($5k) to Slate ($8k limit) and have paid down $400 a month to take advantage of the no interest etc and have it paid off in the 15 months

Freedom: Got them to update me to $200 promotion and been using it regularly PIF at end of month, balance being reported at statement around $2k on a $7k limit

BOA (only previous card $6k limit): No New Activity other then the annual fee

AMEX Gold: been using it regularly approx $300 per statement and paying in full, sometimes more

AMEX Everyday ($2k CL): I used it to about $300 and paid it off before the statement and before I requested 3x CLI (more in a minute)

LOWES ($3600CL): Used it for $135 the first month and PIF

How does this all look?

Other Part:

When I recieved my Chase cards my credit score according to them was 745

Then around the 1st of this month I decided to try for  Discover IT card for the free FICO score every month, was approved instantly and got a $3500 CL

of course I couldnt help but apply for several more cards at the same time.

Applied and Declined for:

Citi Declined for too many recent inquiries

Capital OneExprian reports: 1)proportion of balance to credit too high, 2) balance owed on CL too high, 3)too few or no accounts rated as satisfactory

Transunion reports 1)too many recent inquires

Equifax Score 657!

OK this is where i need help and what worried me! I used the free equifax report, the only inquries were from these 2 companies, the Penfed inquiry from 2 months ago, and the Discover inquiry. How is this too many, people are churning cards like crazy?! I have 3 collections from several years ago each for around $50 and have been marked as disputed. All of my payments and accounts are as agreed, no late payments etc ever on my BOA 10 year old signature card

Should I call and ask for Recon or is it not worth it? Would there be additional Inquries?

side note, after I activated my Discover card it had the FICO score at 710 for me. I really dont want my score under 700

I then wanted to do the 60 day AMEX 3x CLI and was said to be under review, even after my useage with their cards and paying in full. I did not recieve an email from them and its been several days.

My main worry is they are reporting me at 100 less points almost then 2 months ago when my utilization has plumited and my AAOA is still around 2 years old even after the new cards

What should I do now?!

Thanks in advance!!!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Status Update & More Noob Help :)

Take your fingers off the app button and garden the cards you have. Your denials tell the story you just have to listen.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Re: Status Update & More Noob Help :)

I should have added I already planned to wait at least 6 months before any new applications/CL increase requests etc

Thanks for the quick reply though Smiley Happy Id love to hear others thoughts on the rest of my questions

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.