Valued Member
ajg

Status questions during application?

When a CC company asks for thing like household status (i.e. rent vs. own) and things like self-employed vs. company employed and the like, what sort of impact do those have on their decision. I am full-time but I also own my own business where I make just about as much as I do at my full-time job. If I devoted more time to my biz I would probably do more. I also rent though as I usually need more flexibility to move but I also don't have a mortgage to default on. HAHA So am I over analyzing these things?
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Status questions during application?

My suggestion, when you apply for the card put your business name as your employer and do not state you are self employed. I own my business, I incorporated it and I put it as my employer. As long as you pay your bills on time they dont care how you earn.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}