Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay away from Credit One credit cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Stay away from Credit One credit cards

Its true people should understand what they are getting into with credit card companies but there are cases that Credit One does things they clearly shouldnt and their reputation does proceed them . Thankfully not everyone has had issues but for those that do it can be s nightmare.
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I laughed at the end. :-)  This is a great explanation and definitely not talking to me or anyone else like I'm a 5 year old. Not blaming, but explaiing.

I appreciate that you took the time to write all of this out for me. It helps a lot to understand the inner workings.

As I said before, it makes me angry that they treat their clients this way. I would venture to say that the majority of people on these forums did not get into financial trouble because they were out shopping every day. My reason was 12 years ago when I was laid off from my job when I was on maternity leave and my daughter was 8 weeks old. I was/am a single mother with no other source of income. I lost my job because I was working in state government and the parties changed during the governor's election in Nov. At that itme, I was a single pregnant 40 year old  woman so the other side waited to fire me (or lay off as they like to say) after I had my baby and was about to come back to work in March.

I didn't expect to get pregnant and I didn't expect to lose my job. When I had to file Ch. 13, my lawyers told me that 99.9% of the people who come to them are there b/c of long term unemployment or medical bills. I didn't want to be in the position I was in but I had to do it. I felt weak and helpless and under somebody else's control - not a good feeling. 

I'm probably wasting my time and energy being angry at such companies. It makes me angry on the behalf of others on here. Yes, yes, it is reality but it still makes me feel as if we are being kicked when we're down. 

Message 22 of 25
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Oh god you sound like the me of a few years ago! Well, and today - I still and forever hate unfairness. Trust me, the "it's just business" approach in my little novel up there was as much to reinforce the notion for me as anything lol. And from the ND and SB comments I've seen I suspect I can guess which state employed and then laid you off and if I'm right we have even more in common Smiley Sad

I'm married now but I was a single parent from birth (theirs...) until the kids were nearly out of high school. What didn't kill me made me stronger!

Message 23 of 25
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

Some credit card payments do post instantly my Citi bank payment posts right away!
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a huge misconception I often see that businesses need to treat their clients "well".  No, businesses do whatever it is that makes the business viable -- sometimes that's service, other times it's cost, and other times its simply a niche....  Obviously Credit One has a strong niche that doesn't require treating clients well.  Credit One deals with a credit profile that other companies aren't willing to take the risk on -- hence they aren't forced to have good "customer relations" to stay competitive.  Important thing when dealing with a company is to understand what its good at and what it isn't.  And when you're dealing with any sort of subprime offering, Caveat Emptor.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.