Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stays in pending till statement cuts

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Stays in pending till statement cuts

Hello, I had never noticed this until I started reading up here....I try to take your advice and pay BEFORE my statement cuts, to lower utilization. I have noticed on two cards in particular FNBO bucksback, and Citi TY that new charges stay "pending" (sometimes for weeks) until the statement cuts and then all the charges appear, making it almost impossible to pay before the statement closes. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it just coincidence or is this a practice, so you can't pay up before the statement hits?  Thanks in advance for your input!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Stays in pending till statement cuts

You can try adding up the charges and pushing the payment through your bank account. I do this sometimes when I have pending charges close to the statement cut date.
Message 2 of 3
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Stays in pending till statement cuts

@missjae wrote:
You can try adding up the charges and pushing the payment through your bank account. I do this sometimes when I have pending charges close to the statement cut date.

Ahhh bill pay, did not think of that...awesome thanks missjae!!!   Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.