Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepped out of the Garden....

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Stepped out of the Garden....

Well, I couldn't wait until the 1st, I apped for Lowes Rewards by Amex, its a business card...  Approved, 22k limit

I'm astonished.

Going to app for PRG tomorrow....  hopefully it counts as one pull but if it doesn't I'm fine with that...

This goes to show you that gardening pays off!  I had 14 or 15 inquiries last year at this time plus some baddies...  Those have fallen off / been removed this year.  I was down to 3 inquiries, 2 of which were from Feb 2012 when I pulled the trigger. 

Just posting to let you guys know that persistance does pay off!  Last year I was just so excited to be approved for Zync... but now, after 10 months of heavy use on Zync, they've given me way more than I could have hoped for.

Here's to gardening! 

Tinu, I will be back in the garden after my PRG app tomorrow!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ricefed
Contributor

Re: Stepped out of the Garden....

Congrats and good luck tomorrow. I will be apping the bce tomorrow.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 2 of 15
LesWH
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! I'm stepping out of the garden tomorrow for BCE and CSP!  I hope I have the success that you had!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 3 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks!  I really wanted this card... I had a GE backed personal Lowes that was closed by GE during the Credit Crunch... with no warning!  So its nice to have a lowes card again and I REFUSED to apply for another personal lowes card backed by GE

Good luck to all my fellow Amex January 1st appers!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 15
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 15
eviLution
Established Contributor

Congrats!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 6 of 15
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Congrats ! Best of luck on the Amex app; I'm behind a picket fenced garden until 10/2013 - I'll dig my way out around Groundhog Day 2014  Smiley Tongue

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 7 of 15
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

That is great that you stayed in garden for so long.  Today is day one for me I am happy.  I got paypal MC 1k  and Barclay rewards 1K time to to weed good bye Matrix secured card.  I hope that I have the same strengh that you had.  Congrats and good luck tomo!

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 8 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 15
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That a really nice Biz CL

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.