Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepped out the Garden =(

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Stepped out the Garden =(

Since I'm buying a new house and in need to furnish it =)

I wanted a 65 inch Vizio for black friday deal at walmart for $998 and did the math.....

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M650VSE-65-inch-Razor-Smart/dp/B0096YOQRO

it's $1,400 at Amazon.com 

Since I'm buying out of state and avoiding 7% sales tax + free shipping 

$1,400

-       70 (5% off Amazon with Citi Forward)

------------

$1,330

-       70 (avoiding sales tax at walmart blackfriday)

------------

$1,260

-    100 (Citi Forward bonus for spending $650)

------------

$1,160 total cause it also offers free shipping =)

I can pay $160 considering I don't have to camp out for a few nights since there's minimum of 10 per store. I think this is well worth it, besides half my expenses are eating out =)

I also got approved for $6,500 =)

So now I have

$17,000 Navy Federal Platinum ( oh shiet card for low apr)

$6,500 Citi Forward 5 points for entertainment, Amazon, and entertainment.

$5,500 American Express BCP 6% Groceries, 3% gas, 3% department stores

$5,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred 2.68% on restaurants (fast food now) and travel 1.34% on everything else (7% annual bonus+25% for travel)

$3,000 Chase Freedom (for 6.25% transfered to Sapphire for travel and 10/10 bonus with checking)

$1,400 Kays Jewelers card

$1,000 Capital One (Orchard Secured bought by Cap1)

Since I probably won't be able to get US Bank Cash+ anytime soon (VERY strict even though my credit score is excellent) for 6.25% for restaurants and billpay this does me quite nicely Smiley Happy

It's amazing getting these kinds of deals after only 1 year of being declined for secured credit cards and even gas cards ^_^

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Stepped out the Garden =(

Congrattt very nice.......6.5k very nice limit.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@Anonymous, considering I got refused for secured cards for Bank of America last year Smiley Sad This is DAMN refreshing lol! I figured I would app now incase I didn't get any black friday deals, since Navy hasn't reported my $15,000 charge yet =x    (no worries though I already paid off $4,000) My parents have $5,000 of charges they need time paying off so I'm going to transfer their balance on their Chase Ink @ 29.9% interest to my Forward card later since it's 0% apr on balance transfers and they can pay me back later. it's perfect for what I need to help my family since it'll save them $125 a month on internet. I was planning to use my Freedom card, but wanted to take advantage of Best buy 5% this month for purchases on appliances.

Message 3 of 17
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Be careful with bill pay with the forward, I got charged for cash advance for paying my moms car bill.

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 4 of 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Thanks, considering I got refused for secured cards for Bank of America last yearSmiley Sad This is DAMN refreshing lol! I figured I would app now incase I didn't get any black friday deals, since Navy hasn't reported my $15,000 charge yet =x    (no worries though I already paid off $4,000) My parents have $5,000 of charges they need time paying off so I'm going to transfer their balance on their Chase Ink @ 29.9% interest to my Forward card later since it's 0% apr on balance transfers and they can pay me back later. it's perfect for what I need to help my family since it'll save them $125 a month on internet. I was planning to use my Freedom card, but wanted to take advantage of Best buy 5% this month for purchases on appliances.

BOA do the samething with me about this time last year too. They took my money from my checking account. Then a weeks later tell me that they refused my secured card. ALso on top of that they pull my credit file again after they said they approved. Goddd BOA need to kiss my tiny butt......never wanna do any bussiness with them ever again........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 17
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

So now I have

Congratulations.  Looks like entertainment is important!

Message 6 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Remember , 5% rewards with citi forward is not 5% off. The citi points are worth like $0.08 not a whole dollar.

Congrats on the approval though.
Message 7 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

So now I have

Congratulations.  Looks like entertainment is important!

I wonder if it includes massages Smiley Wink 

Message 8 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

AWESOME! Congrats on the new Card! I just recently got the forward card myself, so far no complaints!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Remember , 5% rewards with citi forward is not 5% off. The citi points are worth like $0.08 not a whole dollar.

Congrats on the approval though.

yea it can be 4-5% but I'll check later, regardless still a sweet deal considering everything =)

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.