Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepping Out Of The Garden..'A little Nervous here'

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Stepping Out Of The Garden..'A little Nervous here'

So it's been about 2 years and some months now since my last CC app. - since then I've closed on a USDA home loan (which thankfully was only HP'd once on my credit file) and a Direct TV inq. Other than that 'no inquries'  they all fell off last year sometime.

Scores via MYFico TU - sitting at 708 , EQ via MYFico at 724, EX via lender at 719

Learned in mid Jan that Chase purchased my mortgage - and after some inquiry on the MyFico board in the 'mortgage section' I was informed of an awesome program they have where you'll earn 1% of your mortgage payment each month in some sort of yield savings?  So I called the rep 'she confirmed it' and I'm headed to a chase branch tomorrow to open a checking/savings and sign up for direct deposit.

Here's my apprehension-

BKCh 7 (five years old) / no other baddies.

A couple of NFCU CC's at 500ea,  (2yrs old) A Cap 1 at $2500, (3yrs old)  A Barclays at $2700, (2yrs and some mo's) NFCU LOC $4500, (2yrs and some mo's)LOC#2 $1500, all good.

I'd like to apply for the CSP tomorrow while I'm there setting up membership.

I will keep you posted on how things turn out.    

I'm sweating here Loll   (I have the recon # in my cell ready to go! )

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Stepping Out Of The Garden..'A little Nervous here'

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

So it's been about 2 years and some months now since my last CC app. - since then I've closed on a USDA home loan (which thankfully was only HP'd once on my credit file) and a Direct TV inq. Other than that 'no inquries'  they all fell off last year sometime.

Scores via MYFico TU - sitting at 708 , EQ via MYFico at 724, EX via lender at 719

Learned in mid Jan that Chase purchased my mortgage - and after some inquiry on the MyFico board in the 'mortgage section' I was informed of an awesome program they have where you'll earn 1% of your mortgage payment each month in some sort of yield savings?  So I called the rep 'she confirmed it' and I'm headed to a chase branch tomorrow to open a checking/savings and sign up for direct deposit.

Here's my apprehension-

BKCh 7 (five years old) / no other baddies.

A couple of NFCU CC's at 500ea,  (2yrs old) A Cap 1 at $2500, (3yrs old)  A Barclays at $2700, (2yrs and some mo's) NFCU LOC $4500, (2yrs and some mo's)LOC#2 $1500, all good.

I'd like to apply for the CSP tomorrow while I'm there setting up membership.

I will keep you posted on how things turn out.    

I'm sweating here Loll   (I have the recon # in my cell ready to go! )

(I have the recon # in my cell ready to go! ) Lol Good Luck fingers crossed

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Good luck to you!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope it works out, keep us posted! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 10
starry1
Valued Contributor

If I were in your shoes I'd hit the NFCU luv button.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Pulling for you!! hope it goes well!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 6 of 10
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone I will be sure and let you know how it goes!  

Loll 'yeah' I thought about the NFCU Luv button - but I'm cool with them right now (maybe after Chase is all done) I'll hit'em again. (at least to do something about those two $500 CC's).

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 7 of 10
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Re:UPDATE* Stepping Out Of The Garden..'A little Nervous here'

So, took the drive to the nearest Chase (4 hours away) yeah... I know, but that 1% cash back on every mortgage payment was talking to me! Loll

Got everything all set up and ready to go with checking/savings etc.  Got down to the "would you like to apply for our any of our credit products"? 

Me: Sure..

CSR: "I think you'd enjoy the Chase Freedom" (for all the reasons everyone on the forum knows about)

Me: Okay lets give it a try

Computer Screen: "7-10 day message - we received your app and it's being yadaa yadaa"...

CSR: "sometimes it just takes a little longer to complete, you should receive either your card or a letter explaining yadaa yadaa.."

Me: "No Problem thanks" and out the door back on the road I go...

But not before I pick up that cell phone and dial the BD # I just 'happen to have with me' Loll

Got a hold of a rep and she told me flat out that I was declined! "why" I asked and she goes on about the BK7, I reply "it's 5 years old", she comes back, "I see you have been taking care of your credit since then, but it's still pretty new and we'd like to see a bit more management before the approval".

I let her know that I just drove 4 hours to take advantage of the 1% Cash Back program for Mortgages they offered and if that doesn't show I'm serious about my dollars and cents then I don't know what does!

We both laughed, she asked me to hold on - and came back about 2 mins later (still declined we need a little more history after your BK7) but please call back in two years "that should give us more history to work with".

No happy CC ending, but I'm in with Chase now with both Direct Deposit, and a home Mortgage so I'll try again in about two years.

Thanks guys for taking the trip with me. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Re:UPDATE* Stepping Out Of The Garden..'A little Nervous here'

I think its nice of them to extend the 1% cash back offer to newly purchased mortgages. I thought it was only for customers who originated a mortgage with chase and at the time of origination only. 

I wish they had approved you for the freedom! But chase is one of those banks that a bankruptcy is a major factor. Don't give up, I'm sure they'll show you some love one day.

Message 9 of 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Re:UPDATE* Stepping Out Of The Garden..'A little Nervous here'

OK......that is not how I wanted the story to end...you had me all wrapped up in the suspense and then BAM!!!! Sorry it didn't work out for you!!! Keep up the great work it will pay off in the end!! 

Thanks for sharing!

*8/10/13
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.