Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sterling (kays) and INQUIRY!!

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Sterling (kays) and INQUIRY!!

I dont know if I did the right thing or not. I filed for BK Ch 7 in 1995 due to tough times. 2 Weeks later, I have decided it is not right to file BK and filed for a voluntary withdrawl from BK and judge dimissed the case. I went ahead and paid off debts slowly.

Again in 2004, I was in so much stress due to bad health, I came very close to filing BK. I have decided to not go forward with it and I pulled my self together and Paid off all the debt year later.

I dont know it is good or bad, but no one lost money because of me. When I paid of the Amex debt from 1995 and apped for Optima Oasis, they asked me if I ever filed for BK. I said I am not sure what you meant by filing for BK. I did filed for BK and later withdrew from the BK. The Amex lady smiled and said, we have notes here that you withdrew from BK and I am approved for my Oasis Card because, I withdrew from BK.

I dont know what future brings me, but for now despite all the hard ships, I paid off every penny I owed and cleared all my debts.
Message 21 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Concorduser... Give yourself a real pat on the back. I think that would give you a real personal confidence boost that you can do anything you set your mind too.
I personally can not fix all my past but can try to fix my future, I just hope thats enough!
Message 22 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks CreditAddict. I can not take all the credit my self for what I did. My DW has been a back bone for me all through my life giving me confidence both in good times and bad times. I am so thankful to her for all the support she gave me when I am down.

It taught me no matter how bad it looks and how tough the life is, always if you beleive in your self and work hard, there is nothing we can not reach or achive. I am working so hard to push a new startup business early next year and I certainly dont want to repeat my old mistakes.

Beleive in your self and work hard and fight for what you belive in. Success will follow.
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story concordused but I take a slight bit of offense at the 'no one lost money becuase of me'.  No one lost money 'because of me either.  Unfortunately the hospitals here do not operate on the as long as you are making you best effort of the old days.  I had surpassed the catastrophic cap on my insurance and the remaining amount was more than I could hope to pay.  Because I did have insurance, I would not qualify for any indigent care program.  The line came with a threat to garnish my wages even though I was making consistant payments of over 200.00/mo.  Garnish my wages up to 50%?  A divorced single parent with a child at the time who was in daycare? I have no qualms about filing on these people because they had no problem putting me and my household in danger though they had received the lionshare of their payment through insurance.

Another friend went through the same thing.  Premature baby who spent months in the NICU.  Garnish wages with the cost of daycare, formula and the added expense of special care for a premie?  This was only 8 weeks after she left the hospital.  They also had received the majority of their payment through insurance.  She also was making consistant and fairly large payments.  Their response?  'We want it all!'  Unfortunately because of who our employer was, many organizations here feel as if we have secret access to a bank vault. And act that way.

Medical bills are one of the leading causes of BK in this country. 

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-18-2007 07:30 AM
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW I rememebr removing any evidence of the company I worked for from my car whenever I took it in to have it serviced and saying I worked at Burger King.  Simply becasuse mechanics here have a habit of gouging the employess of three companies in this area.
Message 25 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Brammy, I did not mean to insult any one. I am sorry, if I sounded like that in my posting. BK is a protection provided by Govt just like the freedom of speech. I think every one has right to exercise this right given by Govt during the hardships.

My credit obligations were not health care related. Only thing I was sayinig is, I knowingly borrowed the money and spent it. I can not in right mind not pay the money I borrowed.  I borrowed and spent carelessly that is my fault and I have to take full resposibilty for my debts and I did. 

I do understand how the present health care system is taking advantage of people and hardships that is causing. I am not sure why the lawmakers have changed the BK laws last year and making it harder for people to file BK and get freedom from these obligations.

Our Health Care system does need a major overhaul and also BK rules should be changed so HC related Credit Obligations are considered differently.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.