tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Still did not receive my new Amex CC

Applied on 11/28

Approved on 11/28, checked by phone and web

Received approve email on 12/2

Received approved mail with fico score, date on the letter is 11/29

Call the automatic phone cs, and it say i should receive my card on or before 12/16

Should I wait or call them?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Still did not receive my new Amex CC

Not counting the 29th, its really only been 8 business days. I think the normal wait time is 7-10 days. They dont really say 7-10 business days, but that is what im assuming. I would wait til early next week before calling.

Message 2 of 12
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Don't worry, you will get your new toy...Smiley Very Happy  I am station abroad and I waited for my Zync to be sent to me.  After 3 weeks, I haved them overnight the card to my home in the state.  Wife had it the next day.   What kind of card is it?

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 3 of 12
stone
Regular Contributor

BCE, cann't hardly wait for it.

Message 4 of 12
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@stone wrote:

Applied on 11/28

Call the automatic phone cs, and it say i should receive my card on or before 12/16

My guess is that you WILL get it tomorrow. I app'd on Sun 11/27, approval letter was dated the 28th. When first called to find out my credit limit they told me it will be there no later than 12/7.. After yesterdays mail came and it wasn't in there I called again and the Indian rep was like it was only finalized on 12/3 so its on the way. 

Anyways I got it today. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied last Friday night and didn't get an instant approval. I received an email about 2 or 3 hours later stating I was approved and my card would arrive in 7 to 10 business days. It actually came Monday by UPS. I was suprised to receive it so fast and thought it would come through the mail.

Message 6 of 12
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Nice,,,Nice.  I want to app for another AMEX like BCE/BCP or Costco TR.  I was told I only havd my Zync for 2 months and need to establish a "love" relationship with them.  Cool with me...

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 7 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@stone wrote:

Applied on 11/28

I was approved on 11/23

Received email 12/2

Still havent received my card. I was actually told when i called on the approval day that i would receive the card before 12/5.

Called yesterday and was told i should get it no later than 12/10

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

stone,

If you don't mind me asking, what was the credit card you applied for? I actually recently applied for a Blue Cash Rewards card and got declined. The reason is mainly do to the fact that I have used over 100% or my CC limit Smiley Surprised, 102% to be exact Smiley Tongue. I should bring it down to about 10% within the next two weeks.

Packs 4 Life

Message 9 of 12
stone
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

stone,

If you don't mind me asking, what was the credit card you applied for? I actually recently applied for a Blue Cash Rewards card and got declined. The reason is mainly do to the fact that I have used over 100% or my CC limit Smiley Surprised, 102% to be exact Smiley Tongue. I should bring it down to about 10% within the next two weeks.

Packs 4 Life

same card as you. the fico ex score i got from amex is 691.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.