Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still get no mail offers...

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Still get no mail offers...

So my scores are starting to scratch at 750 Fico 8, I still have never gotten a single mailer!!! My DW always receives them then glotes.... Even my cousin with his 590 scores receives them! (Discover, BofA...etc) is anyone else in my shoes?. I don't really mind tbh just wondering why
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Still get no mail offers...

Are you now or were you recently opted-out?

Message 2 of 20
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Nope I've never opted out
Message 3 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you ever had any issues of potential fraud or identity theft raised at any time, you may have been automatically opted-out without any express request on your part.

Have you ever requested a fraud alert, either initial or extended?

It might be prudent to contact the CRA and inquire as to your current opt-out status.  It may not be what you think, and would be THE reason for not obtaining promotional offers for creidt if your file would meet most criteria being provided to the CRA by creditors.

Message 4 of 20
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I was opted-out and it took a while after opting back in. Sorry I guess I don't have an answer or you.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are in the 730-740 range and my girlfriends are around 680 and she receives far better offers in the mail than I do.  Most of mine are just "offers" but she actually gets some prequalified ones.  I have not received any prequalified offers since my score was 780-790 about 3 years ago.  Strange how it works.

Message 6 of 20
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Don't feel bad I don't get crap either. My wife gets something everyday and I kinda envy it especially because she doesn't care about building higher CLs.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
crrredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores are in the 730-740 range and my girlfriends are around 680 and she receives far better offers in the mail than I do.  Most of mine are just "offers" but she actually gets some prequalified ones.  I have not received any prequalified offers since my score was 780-790 about 3 years ago.  Strange how it works.

This supports something I've noticed. I get a lot of offers when my scores are around 680 and I am carrying balances. When my scores moved up over 700 and I had just one card showing a tiny balance, I got nothing. Now I closed my secured cards and added some nice cards, but the inquiries and balances I'm carrying has my scores back to 680 and I'm getting offers again. Pretty sure they target a certain slot and not just people with scores above a certain score. 

When your scores are "too high" I suppose they think you have a full slate of cards and you're not shopping for credit. Just a guess.

Message 8 of 20
AutoBot
Established Contributor

By the way, I still haven't gotten any offers in the mail. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I see that Capital One SP my credit on 4/14, 3/14, 2/14 etc... Along with Chase and a few others. Maybe it's because too many Inq?.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.