Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still get no mail offers...

tag
sr383
Regular Contributor

Re: Still get no mail offers...

I get nothing but an occasional BofA 1% cash back offer from the alumni association. Probably just as well. Smiley Wink

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low 700's. Small assortment of cards; all majors; some with, some without balances; good limits. I'm not opted out. Same address for 13 years (not a prison).  No history of fraud etc...

ZERO mailers for anything other than low limit cards that promise to double within six months. 

And while I'm at it ZERO offers on any pre-qual sites. 

Ps. I've also never been asked to serve on a jury and I've been voting for 32 years. Who knows!?

Message 12 of 20
cjesser15
Contributor

How exactly does one "opt in" or "opt out"?  I never get mailers either and nothing ever shows up for me on pre-qual sites.  I thought maybe it was due to too many recent accounts or something but this thread has me wondering if I'm opted out.  I have taken advantage of a couple free ID monitoring offers over the last few years when my data has been breached by merchants.  

Message 13 of 20
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I have never gotten anything on Pre-Qualified sites, only that debit card on US Bank....
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind the 590 scores with BofA and discover mailers are just an advertisement for a soon to come denial letter. Don't worry. A mailer shouldn't determine your card choice and doesn't dictate credit success

Message 15 of 20
amakol
Regular Contributor

I'd happily trade with you. Sounds like such a relief.

I also hate the contant BT offers. That feeling every time I open them and see what I wasted my time on...

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get anything either which is good or I would have so many inquiry
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ don't apply just because of an offer. That's what leads to having 20 cards and 15 you don't need
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crrredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores are in the 730-740 range and my girlfriends are around 680 and she receives far better offers in the mail than I do.  Most of mine are just "offers" but she actually gets some prequalified ones.  I have not received any prequalified offers since my score was 780-790 about 3 years ago.  Strange how it works.

This supports something I've noticed. I get a lot of offers when my scores are around 680 and I am carrying balances. When my scores moved up over 700 and I had just one card showing a tiny balance, I got nothing. Now I closed my secured cards and added some nice cards, but the inquiries and balances I'm carrying has my scores back to 680 and I'm getting offers again. Pretty sure they target a certain slot and not just people with scores above a certain score. 

When your scores are "too high" I suppose they think you have a full slate of cards and you're not shopping for credit. Just a guess.

I don't know about that though... because 3 years ago I had scores 780+ and back then I would receive at least a couple of pre-qualified 0% for 12-18 months type offers in the mail every week.  I only had 2 CC's at the time (still have only 2) yet now with 730-740 scores I get nothing except some random "offers" - it's like 680 and 780 are hot spots for receiving offers, but right in the middle yields nothing?  Odd, from my personal experience.

Message 19 of 20
dman23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
^^ don't apply just because of an offer. That's what leads to having 20 cards and 15 you don't need

Totally agree.

Especially if you're trying to improve your scores.

I get offers in the mail every so often. All I do is rip them in half and toss them in the garbage.

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.