Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no Luck

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no Luck

For the past 4 months I have tried several pre-qualify CC’s that don’t affect your credit and no luck. I have been turned down by all of them. It’s strange because when my credit scores were in the high 500’s and I had a lot more negatives on my credit I was able to get a Capitol One CC, a Credit One CC, and a Gander Mountain CC. I have made all my payments on times and have kept all my balances low. I have a car payment and I just made my 16th payment, all of them on time and never late, and also have had several badies removed from my credit over the past months, My score has improved, but as I said the strange thing is I get denied now with better credit, then when I had poor credit. Don’t understand the whole credit industry. Also I still have not got any offers with the shopping cart trick.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still no Luck

I only prequaled for my Freedom, nothing else. Sometimes it just doesn't show up.
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Still no Luck

First off, don't rely on prequals.

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s strange because when my credit scores were in the high 500’s and I had a lot more negatives on my credit I was able to get a Capitol One CC, a Credit One CC, and a Gander Mountain CC. I have made all my payments on times and have kept all my balances low. I have a car payment and I just made my 16th payment, all of them on time and never late, and also have had several badies removed from my credit over the past months, My score has improved, but as I said the strange thing is I get denied now with better credit, then when I had poor credit.

Also, make sure you stick with it and work on removing all derogs that can be removed.  Your goal is to have a completely clean report as even one derog can have a significant impact.

A lot of people seem to overlook credit seeking activity and new accounts.  If your profile isn't totally clean then those will have an even bigger impact than they will for someone who has a thick profile in good standing.  3 new accounts sounds like quite of bit of new credit for what you've described as your profile.

As for getting denied with better scores, it's never just about score alone so don't rely solely on the numbers.  Give your new accounts time to age os they're no longer considered new and you'll probably have better results -- especially if you can get more derogs removed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.