Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no MR points?!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Still no MR points?!

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX cash back also takes forever to post. Seems they are always at least a statement behind. Seems odd consider their competition all seem to post points/cash from the current statement as soon as its created.

Yes, that is the way the program works.  Rewards earned in say June, appear when the July statement posts, and may not be available until min payment for July is received.    It is very confusing, as you have a statement of your purchases in front of you and it doesn't correlate to your rewards at all (you need to remember to look at the previous statement for that).

Obviously good for Amex, I'm surprised the other issuers don't copy it!

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went through this with my PRG, they kept telling me different times, but I just got my points a few days ago, which was about 5 weeks after meeting spend. They said I was going to have to wait 6-8 weeks and the points weirdly posted while I was talking to them about it and really surprised them, so it seems they don't really know when they'll post. When I got mine, they said they were expedited, so it would probably help to call Amex MR customer service and talk to them or you could also chat. They should be able to tell you when the points will post and may be able to expedite the points. Good luck

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call the Amex MR department, and they might be able to give you a more accurate answer.

You can reach them at 800-297-3276. They are available :

Monday - Friday

9:00 a.m. - midnight ET

Saturday - Sunday

10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. ET

I called them recently and they informed me it's normally 2 billing cycle delays, and 7-10 days after the billing cycle. So 2 billing cycle and 7-10 days.

Message 23 of 26
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Says there are 62k pending and 0 available. 

I figured the 428 points earned the first statement would be available to me by now. Guess I'll have to wait another month and see what happens.

Yeah, should have been but not much you could do with 428 points anyways :-). Looks like you'll get them all at once.  It weird with Amex.  For some people they have to wait for points, especially bonuses to post after several statements.  With my cards including the business SPG, all the bonus points were awarded the day or two after I met the spend requirement..  Any other pending points show up after the next statement.

Irish, can you share with us the date you got your amex cards? 

I have similar topic in the past: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/When-do-promotional-bonus-MR-points-post-to-your-account/td-p/4122038

Update to this is that my PRG's 50k bonus points posted a few days after I finished spend. 

My theory is that after the first charge card or point earning card, your points post as soon as you finish spend. I just need more data points. 

PRG and EDP=November, 2014

Platinum=February, 2015

Business SPG=July, 2015

So your PRG and EDP's points posted right away? What's your first Amex card? What's in 1989?

I wonder if it has something to do with first charge or point earning card. 

My business plat card took forever to post but my PRG (2nd charge card and also 2nd point earning card) took only 1-2 days after the transaction for the 50k bonus MR to become available.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

I figured the 428 points earned the first statement would be available to me by now. Guess I'll have to wait another month and see what happens.

Yeah, should have been but not much you could do with 428 points anyways :-). Looks like you'll get them all at once.  It weird with Amex.  For some people they have to wait for points, especially bonuses to post after several statements.  With my cards including the business SPG, all the bonus points were awarded the day or two after I met the spend requirement..  Any other pending points show up after the next statement.

I have similar topic in the past: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/When-do-promotional-bonus-MR-points-post-to-your-account/td-p/4122038

Update to this is that my PRG's 50k bonus points posted a few days after I finished spend. 

My theory is that after the first charge card or point earning card, your points post as soon as you finish spend. I just need more data points. 

Platinum=February, 2015

Business SPG=July, 2015

So your PRG and EDP's points posted right away? What's your first Amex card? What's in 1989?

My business plat card took forever to post but my PRG (2nd charge card and also 2nd point earning card) took only 1-2 days after the transaction for the 50k bonus MR to become available.

Yes all my points posted right away.

As for 1989, that's when I had an old Gold card that I eventually closed

Message 25 of 26
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Platinum=February, 2015

Business SPG=July, 2015

Yes all my points posted right away.

As for 1989, that's when I had an old Gold card that I eventually closed

Nice. So this is my theory - "After the first amex point earning/charge card, bonus points for the 2nd card will post right away." 

Let's see if there's any exception to this...

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.