Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no PC on old QS1, but new info...

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Still no PC on old QS1, but new info...

A week or so ago, I got a CLI on my 'legacy' eight year old QS1 account to make my new credit line $3900.  I was quite happy since it's generally thought that the minimum threshold for getting a QS1 PC'd to a regular Quicksilver is $3000.  I waited until today to even check on the PC, since I wanted a little time to be excited about the CLI without being annoyed by the likely continued failure to qualify for a PC.

I'm glad I waited.  Smiley Frustrated

I had a very friendly chat with a Capital One CSR who told me, once again, that "there are no offers currently available for this account".  If I had an APR reduction for every time I've heard that they would be paying me interest by now... oh well.

At least I'm seven months away from the next $79 (!) annual fee, and six months away from my next CLI eligibility, so there's that.  I also also know that this account is eligible to be combined with my existing QS Visa Signature, so I've got a guaranteed way around the fee.  That being said, I was still hoping to keep this card around a while longer since it's one of my oldest accounts (will be nine years this summer), and also has a decent APR for a Capital One product at 14.9%.

Now for the new info... the chat rep suggested that I contact them again in a few weeks.  At first I didn't pay this any attention, but later in the chat he mentioned it again, and further stated that accounts are reviewed every 15 days.  This part got my attention, as they've never been this specific with me before (in the past they've suggested waiting several months).  As a disclaimer, it's always possible that my account is in a unique category that calls for this level of review, but I don't think this is the case (I've got a perfect payment history, and have PIF for the last few years).

Hopefully this data point will be valuable to some folks out there... then at least this annoying non-event will have served a purpose.  As a 'silver-lining' at least the timing of the AF will allow for one more CLI on each account (QS1 and QS) before the combining takes place.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.