Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no letter.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no letter.

I am getting really worried right now. I still haven't received a letter for my Providian. I have a 12K CL and I would be extremely upset if my account does not make it to the other side.

I am seriously debating on applying for a Chase Freedom and just combining both cards later if my Providian does make it with Chase. If I do that though (because I know I will get approved with high 700+ scores), will I get to keep my old history with the new card? I have had my Providian since 2004.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Still no letter.

John,

I think you worrying for nothing. If your scores are very good now, i am sure they might soft you to see if the card will make it through. Honestly i dont think you have anything to worry about. Understand, there are millions upon millions of Wamu card holders out there and it takes time to send out all the letters. I have 2 cards and i received my first letter 2 weeks ago. I just received the other letter on saturday.

Patience is a virtue. Dont waste an inquiry on a new card. Wait for the letter and then PC to the freedom.

Keep us updated.  At least wait until this week is over.

Message 2 of 8
hopeagain
Contributor

Can you call a rep and ask when you can expect your letter?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, now that I think about it, I have been receiving elelectronic messages from WaMu about the merge and how I will be able to access my account with Chase after March 9. Does that mean I made it? I guess I was just waiting for some valid proof in the mail all this time...
Message 4 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it, I have been receiving elelectronic messages from WaMu about the merge and how I will be able to access my account with Chase after March 9. Does that mean I made it? I guess I was just waiting for some valid proof in the mail all this time...

Do you still get paper statements or paperless.

If paperless and you have received things on the internet, this may be the reason why you have not received anything in the mail.

If you have been receiving notices like this on your account, then i think you have made it.

I would also call, doesn't hurt to get confirmation.

Let us know

Message 5 of 8
203bravo
Established Contributor

Another idea is to look at your account online.  If you still have an avaliable credit limit listed you should be fine.  It's my understanding that all the accounts that are going to be closed have been closed and working out though the billing cycle now.  ((Reward cards will be active a bit longer to allow people to redeem their rewards))

The accounts that I've seen online thought all have closed notations and a 0 CL shown on the account page.  Also, I've seen several that have a pro rated refund of any yearly fees that may have been paid.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I finally received my letter... three weeks later LOL. But I am so happy I made the cut! THANK YOU for the encouragements and basically preserving my sanity. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

ahhhhhhhh you see lol

Patience is a virtue

Very happy for you Congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.