cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no luck combining accounts with Cap 1 - One potential cause eliminated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still no luck combining accounts with Cap 1 - One potential cause eliminated

Something DW and I are going to work on next week, as she hasn't been able to combine any of her accounts. I noticed something when I clicked the link cards. There is an old login and a closed account showing in red in there. She had a problem back when she opened her first account after our BK and the rep said to create a new login, which is the current one that contains all 5 of her currently active accounts. That old account was closed due to the AF, but is shows in there and may be creating the glitch that is preventing her from combining.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still no luck combining accounts with Cap 1 - One potential cause eliminated

The code value on my account says "true" and I was able to combine accounts. So yeah, if yours says false, you're gonna have issues.
Message 12 of 27
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

I checked the link provided (thanks for that btw) and it says "false" for me, I was also in the "customer in control group" when that page was accessible as well. I did have a charged off Capital One account from 2005. It's not linked in any way to my account though, and as I said I was able to combine accounts a few weeks after they launched the program.

I'm with those who just want to know the reason, if the previous charge off is the reason then just tell me. I called a few months ago and spoke with the EO. I was told that it wasn't an issue with my account, just one specific card. A month or so later another card became eligible and that didn't work either. That's what annoys me, it's clear that it IS my account that's blocked, the woman either blatantly lied to me (probably) or she was told that it's an issue related to specific cards, not accounts, and she's just relaying what she was told. Either way, someone in charge is being dishonest about this whole thing and that's what I find inexcusable.

Message 13 of 27
gibeon
Established Contributor

I haven't been able to combine my two QS1 cards since they were eligible in October.

That link that was provided shows FALSE for my status.

I do have a THIRD account listed under my login, but that is a secured card that I closed with a zero balance and in good standing.

I did, however, replace one of my cards in October because I lost it, and I'm wondering if the new card number (even thought it's really the same account) is causing the problem.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 14 of 27
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if it's income related either, or some other petty nonsense like that. That's something they would definitely hide from their customers, if it was because of a charge off I don't think they'd have a problem telling you that. I'm going to wait until all of my cards have had no activity (CLI's, PC's, etc) for 6 months because that seems to be the time frame Cap 1 bases everything on, and give it one more shot then. If it still doesn't work I'm probably just going to close the accounts.

Message 15 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

I was also in the "customer in control group" when that page was accessible as well.

Control group?  Interesting, so they are doing some kind of study at customers' expense.  How does it feel to be a rat in a skinner box?

Message 16 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's income related either, or some other petty nonsense like that. That's something they would definitely hide from their customers, if it was because of a charge off I don't think they'd have a problem telling you that. I'm going to wait until all of my cards have had no activity (CLI's, PC's, etc) for 6 months because that seems to be the time frame Cap 1 bases everything on, and give it one more shot then. If it still doesn't work I'm probably just going to close the accounts.

Yes.  While they are great for starting, they seem to have changed their tune starting 2016 for second products.  They are on my get rid of list.  But I am supporting my neighbor using this card to build her credit (first card after BK).

Signature needs updating
Message 17 of 27
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Well, I'm not eligible - yet. I have way too much debt on all of my cards. I intend to pay them all down and try to combine.

However, I checked my status and it was "true"

So when I do pay these cards down I should have no problem combining right?

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 18 of 27
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

Well, I'm not eligible - yet. I have way too much debt on all of my cards. I intend to pay them all down and try to combine.

However, I checked my status and it was "true"

So when I do pay these cards down I should have no problem combining right?

Correct. As soonas your "donor" card reflects a zero balance, you will be able to combine.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's showing 'true' so I should be good to go once I get to the point of having 2 eligible cards.

I made serious mistakes with Capital One ending in a C/O a long time ago when I was young and dumb (probably 11-12 years ago now, I can't remember, it's long gone from my reports now too) and that doesn't seem to be causing me an issue.

I wonder what is causing the true/false thing other than something like recent in house C/Os or lates or something (which doesn't seem to be the case based on reports here).  

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.