cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no luck combining accounts with Cap 1 - One potential cause eliminated

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Still no luck combining accounts with Cap 1 - One potential cause eliminated

@gibeon wrote:

I haven't been able to combine my two QS1 cards since they were eligible in October.

That link that was provided shows FALSE for my status.

I do have a THIRD account listed under my login, but that is a secured card that I closed with a zero balance and in good standing.

I did, however, replace one of my cards in October because I lost it, and I'm wondering if the new card number (even thought it's really the same account) is causing the problem.

I also have a secured card that I closed with a zero balance and good standing.  I'm also not able to combine by accounts - returns "false" and originally I was in the "control group".

Message 21 of 27
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Still no luck combining accounts with Cap 1 - One potential cause eliminated

@dapps06 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's income related either, or some other petty nonsense like that. That's something they would definitely hide from their customers, if it was because of a charge off I don't think they'd have a problem telling you that. I'm going to wait until all of my cards have had no activity (CLI's, PC's, etc) for 6 months because that seems to be the time frame Cap 1 bases everything on, and give it one more shot then. If it still doesn't work I'm probably just going to close the accounts.

I'm not able to combine and my income is well into 6 figures so I don't think it is income related (unless everyone else here is a 1%er)

Message 22 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@happypill wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's income related either, or some other petty nonsense like that. That's something they would definitely hide from their customers, if it was because of a charge off I don't think they'd have a problem telling you that. I'm going to wait until all of my cards have had no activity (CLI's, PC's, etc) for 6 months because that seems to be the time frame Cap 1 bases everything on, and give it one more shot then. If it still doesn't work I'm probably just going to close the accounts.

I'm not able to combine and my income is well into 6 figures so I don't think it is income related (unless everyone else here is a 1%er)

Scores?  Maybe one should not get the sub prime.  But, maybe wait two years.  I do wonder what control group means.

Signature needs updating
Message 23 of 27
907grown
Established Contributor

So my status bar shows as follows

{"decisionEventId" : 10151844447" , "httpStatus" : "200"}

has anyone seen this before???

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 24 of 27
RonM21
Valued Contributor

You would think it would be easier, but I didn't know so many were having issues with this. There has to be something to it, that Cap1 knows.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to combined my 2 Venture cards today into 1. The 1st account was opened in 9/15 and the 2nd account was opened in 11/15. I now have 1 Venture card in my wallet. 

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still unable here. I wrote to the EO and someone called me back.

She was sincere and wished she could help. She kept telling me this was in "pilot" phase. I told her as someone in IT, there are ways to better code this so your customers know the reason and not some generic list of reasons. She says they get a lot of complaints on this issue.......
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.