cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on my Amex Hilton Honors card BUT.....

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Still waiting on my Amex Hilton Honors card BUT.....

I applied for Hilton Honors Amex exactly 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the actual card to be delivered. Yesterday in mail I got a letter from Amex stating my EX FICO score. Is it a common practice for Amex to share Fico score even when we are approved? This is a first for me..

Anyway just sharing my score here in case someone is looking for apply for the same card.

EX FICO: 664 as of Jan 27, 2013 (When they pulled EX)

Annual Income reported: 105,000

AAoA: 3.2 Years

Util: 90%

Hold Zync NPSL since 2010 and got approved to AMEX Platinum on Jan 8, 2013.

Inquiries: EX 2 (falling off in 2 months), EQ: 0, TU: 0.

Hope this helps.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Still waiting on my Amex Hilton Honors card BUT.....

Hilton cards have 3 interest rate tiers. Unless you got the best one, you get a score. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 6
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

If you don't get the best interest rate, then I believe they send you a letter first with your FICO score before they send you a card. They have to tell you your FICO score if they don't give you the best interest rate. You should get your card soon. I got my Surpass card by overnight mail, but they didn't put my last name on the card, so I called to get a new one. They said they couldn't send a new one within ten days of the first one, so I'd have to call back after ten days. Called back yesterday, and they're overnighting the card so it will get to me on Tuesday.

Message 3 of 6
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

If you don't get the best interest rate, then I believe they send you a letter first with your FICO score before they send you a card. They have to tell you your FICO score if they don't give you the best interest rate. You should get your card soon. I got my Surpass card by overnight mail, but they didn't put my last name on the card, so I called to get a new one. They said they couldn't send a new one within ten days of the first one, so I'd have to call back after ten days. Called back yesterday, and they're overnighting the card so it will get to me on Tuesday.

Congrats!!!

I just stayed at a hilton property this week for 5 nights, I literally called them 5-6 times to expedite the card but I got the same 10 day story.

Message 4 of 6
grubs
Valued Member

Is this Hilton amex easier to get(like the delta gold)?

Message 5 of 6
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I don't think its too easy to get. Not as easy as the Delta Gold at any rate.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.