Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stingy BOA..

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Stingy BOA..

Hey all so I recently request my cli for boa CC after 1.5yer of usage, pif, no late ever! Granted it went from 1k to 2.8k( shud of ask for more but I was in the low income range since I was still a student and work pt), this was at beginning of this month..., I tried to request another CLI like two days ago but they deny me... Since my income has change( graduating this month and will be working full time, hence my income is doubled).. Well they deny me... I guess they don't like me now lols.

Anyways my gf's sister was at the same situation as me but she is still a student n very low income, and she only has a boa CC only, yet she was able to request a cli 3 times in within a week to go from 700-2800-3700-5500..

Anyways my ficos scored are excellent, on all three CRs, I have no baddies at all, and I also have boa, checking/savings for 8yrs already...

Just my little rant, I guess I will try again after my attempt for my 61day Amex CLI...anyways will 30days be sufficient to ask for a cli online again? Right now it gives me the 5-7day message which prob means straight deny. And no I don't have any high ulti on my recently opened cards, as I believe boa is using an old report because they never mentioned the account I just opened. When I called back door the analyst gave me some bullish reason such as no other cards with other institutions.. And that was the only reason... They did say everything else is great...

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Griselle
New Contributor

Re: Stingy BOA..

Were the BOA CLI request Soft Inquiries? Did you request online or call? It seems that some credit card companies give higher limits if it is that persons only card. For instance I have a friend whose first CC was a Discover and they gave her a 5K initial limit, I had other cards and better credit (and higher income) but they only gave me a 1,200 starting limit.  Don't take it personally. It could be that since it's her only card she may just use it more heavily than you do. I would just suggest getting your 3X Amex CLI, waiting on it to report and then asking for a CLI with BOA.

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 2 of 4
HiLine
Blogger

Do you push enough cash flow through the card to justify a higher limit? 

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Do you push enough cash flow through the card to justify a higher limit? 

This.

Card usage is also one of the factors that Chase considers when reviewing CLI requests.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.