Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Cards

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Stolen Cards

Hello everyone:

Last night someone stole my wife's wallet.  She carries all 26 of our cards with her.  We cancelled all the cards and there were no charges.  This morning, the store called and said they found it in the store.  Looked like someone looked through it and didn't find cash and just tossed behind some displays.  My question is, when the banks issure the new cards, is that going to affect out average age of my accounts?  Are the banks going to close out those accounts and open new ones and that will be reflected as 26 new accounts or how will this play out.  Please let me know.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Stolen Cards

No, it will be the same account. Just different numbers. No affect at all on AAOA. Please tell your wife that it is never a good idea to carry all of your cards.
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
No, it will be the same account. Just different numbers. No affect at all on AAOA. Please tell your wife that it is never a good idea to carry all of your cards.

Correct 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Thank you!  It wasn't her fault.  It was mine. I told her to carry them all. I have since changed that lol.  She had zero credit when I met her.  Blank reports.  Not even a inquiry.  She lets me handle all stuff related to credit.  She told me...you have my social and information.  Do what you need to do. Her score is pushing 700 in the two years I have been working on it for her.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.