Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store CC Financing thru GEMB, Wells Fargo Finan. & CitiFinancial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Store CC Financing thru GEMB, Wells Fargo Finan. & CitiFinancial

Fico score of 786 was from EQ.  Was told I could get a higher score if 1) had a mortgage 2) installment loan.

Had mortgages and car loans, fortunately all paid in full.  Don't plan on getting into that kind of debt if I could help it.

Message 21 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

360islander wrote:

Fico score of 786 was from EQ.  Was told I could get a higher score if 1) had a mortgage 2) installment loan.

Had mortgages and car loans, fortunately all paid in full.  Don't plan on getting into that kind of debt if I could help it.

I don't see any burning reason to get your score about 786, especially if you have to take on debt to do so!

You always have to balance what's good for your FICO score against what makes financial sense. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was declined for a jewelry store credit, on 12/6/08;  they used Equifax.  I checked my credit report and it was excellent and also checked my credit score using TransUnion and it was 907.  They couldn't or wouldn't give me a straight anwser to why I was delined.  The only reason I applied was the one year with no interest...I would not apply for any of those type of credit again. 

GEMB seems to be getting tougher on extending credit these days. Did you get a letter telling you why you were denied? I app'd for care credit/gemb on 12/17 and was denied. They wouldn't tell me why I was denyed either and said I would get a letter in 7-10 days which turned out to be 13 days. Which also turned out to be a line of BS in my opinion. Gemb seems to always pull EQ and I checked the day before I app'd and my score was 776. Guess its just a sign of the times... I think I'm more upset that I know I'm going to be dinged for the inquiry. Don't get me wrong was/am upset for being declined as well!
Message 23 of 24
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

I was dinged an inquiry for Bobs Discount Furniture. They denied me and told me oh you will get a letter in the mail. I check their website and the financing is Wells Fargo Financial (I bank with Wachovia which is now Wells Fargo). Wish I knew which CB they pulled. I have no idea what they are looking for but the salesperson was happy that I was still able to pay everything in full without the financing.
FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.