Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Card Pruning...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store Card Pruning...

So, I closed a couple of comenity SCT cards about a month ago, along with my Target card. This left me with the store cards that are currently in my siggy.

I love my VS card, and the CLIs have been good to me, I shop there and the rewards are fantastic. Keeping it for sure.

I am a big Amazon shopper as well as a Prime member for years, and will keep this card for the great benefits. I need a CLI, though. 

I had the Overstock from the SCT, and it was really buffering my uti for a while. However, I don't shop there very often, and the rewards would be better with one of my CB cards. 

I was just approved by NFCU and no  longer need the padding from Overstock. I'm ready to close it. It is my last "rebuild" card, as now I'm  enjoying big girl cards. Can anyone give me a reason not to shut this one down? Since my file is so long and it will stay on for 10 years, it just seems like a good thing to close. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Store Card Pruning...

Only reason i can think of to keep it is if you have its paramore, UnderStock Smiley Wink No?

ok , curb say hello to over stockSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley LOL 

Ah Joe,  you're cracking me up today.

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I closed a couple of comenity SCT cards about a month ago, along with my Target card. This left me with the store cards that are currently in my siggy.

I love my VS card, and the CLIs have been good to me, I shop there and the rewards are fantastic. Keeping it for sure.

I am a big Amazon shopper as well as a Prime member for years, and will keep this card for the great benefits. I need a CLI, though. 

I had the Overstock from the SCT, and it was really buffering my uti for a while. However, I don't shop there very often, and the rewards would be better with one of my CB cards. 

I was just approved by NFCU and no  longer need the padding from Overstock. I'm ready to close it. It is my last "rebuild" card, as now I'm  enjoying big girl cards. Can anyone give me a reason not to shut this one down? Since my file is so long and it will stay on for 10 years, it just seems like a good thing to close. 

If it won't increase your utilization percentage, no I can't give you a reason not to close it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I would close overstock. You have other cards you can use at overstock so why not. As long as you wont get into trouble with more amazon spending ask about the a card upgrade (siggy) or cli or I beleive there is another upgrade to that card 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.