Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Cards Or Credit Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store Cards Or Credit Cards?

i was just declined for a chase biz card...my scores are TU-626, EX-651, EQ-761.

the rep said i needed to keep on building my credit...to get higher limits..yada, yada, yada...but how am i supposed to do this if no one will give me a CC.

i have cap 1, hsbc & credit one cards.....i thought my scores were good enough for some credit cards but i guess not.....should i get a couple of store cards....would that help?

will cap 1 issue you more than one card at a time?

thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Store Cards Or Credit Cards?

Have you applied for Nordstrom Visa? They pull EQ and if you have less than 3-4 inq's and new accounts, you'll get their Card. If you are not approved for Visa they will give you store card and ugprade you to Visa in 6 months along with CLI. They are one of the best cards out there with generous CLI's and excellent customer support. Only thing they dont like is too many inq's and new accounts. If you dont have too many inq's and new accounts on EQ it is a best bet to go for Nordstrom Card. Search this forum for Nordstrom and you'll find lot of good information.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool..thanks for the info!!!

can you apply for them online?

newest account is about a year old.

you sure about EQ....they always pull it?

thanks again!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

what card is the easiest to get?  they have 3 types...Sig...Plat...Credit Card.

if i am declined do i just call them and ask for a recon for a store card?

thanks again!

Message 4 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can apply online. You might get instant or you might have to call. Not sure. In my case I called after applying and CSR said they approved me for store card with $2k CL and after 6 months they converted it to Visa with $7k CL and I am expecting a CLI to 10K in another month or two. From what we all know at this forum so far, they pull EQ and based on your scores they will approve the right card. It is the same application for all three cards. With your scores you could be approved for Sig, I know one poster with scores around your scores was approved for Sig with $10K Cl. They are one of the very highly regarded cards in this forum. Search around, you'll find lot of good info on this card. Good Luck and keep us posted. 
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks concorduser....it think i will try....the only thing i am worried about is that i have 2 cc baddies on my EQ report......and i was just declined for a chase biz card.....they said my fico was no where near what myfico.com reports.  people have started to explain the reason why they might have had a different number then the one i get from here.

any other store cards that just pull EQ?  i think in order to build my credit back up...I may have to go this route for right now.

my tu is 626 & ex is 656

Message Edited by molly73 on 03-16-2009 09:13 PM
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey concorduser - is it true that with the Nord Sig Card they do not report the CL?

would i be better off getting the plat and have them report the CL?

thanks!

been readin a lot about it...seems like they pull sometimes from TU too...but if you think it's mostly EQ...i will give it a try!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

DECLINED....for their visa card.

uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.....they said based on my credit lines and available credit....i am declined.  i know my util. is probably high, but i think my lack of high credit limits is killing me.......how do i get some cards that will give me some good credit lines,,,,this is getting so frustrating!

they are going to see if i can get approved for a store card.....these baddies from 2003 are killing me...ugghh

midland does do a pay for delete do they?

Message 8 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DECLINED....for their visa card.

Did they approve for the store card? If you get the store card after 6 months they  will upgrade to Visa and give you larger credit.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are going to have to call me back about the store card....these CC baddies from 2003 are killing me...there are 2 of them and i am still getting s*** about it...ugghhhh...it's not looking good Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.