Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Cards that will grow?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store Cards that will grow?

Are there any good store CCs that will grow with you?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Store Cards that will grow?

Many members have had a lot of luck with Macy's, me included. Just remember to apply in store for all store branded cards for max CL.
Message 2 of 19
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I know card that won't grow with you.

Any store card  backed by GEMB.

@Anonymous wrote:
Are there any good store CCs that will grow with you?

Message Edited by wmarat on 06-14-2009 06:55 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Despite my $2100 Bloomies CLD today, I'd still have to say that Bloomingdales and Macys are the best CCs to grow with. They were great at giving CLIs every 3 months or so and went a long way to help out in getting higher limit CCs from other companies.

Ditto to wmarat. I keep reading CLD story after CLD story. IMO, Target is terrible too, unless you don't mind a $200 CL forever. Other than that, Chase is another store card-backer in our profile (Toys R Us). Too early to say anything good or bad.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

Any store card  backed by GEMB

I haven't had any experience with other GEMB cards, but I'd have to say JC Pennys card is definitely a card I'd put in the catagory of "grows with you".

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out Nordstrom.Nice cli and outstanding customer service.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

VEEnVEGAS 

I'd have to say JC Pennys card is definitely a card I'd put in the catagory of "grows with you".

I will second that.Jc Pennys is worth checking out.Been good to me so far..

Message 7 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Best Buy store card.

But you have to be sure that you're going to qualify for the store card, and not get stuck with the MC. It's issued by HSBC. *shudders*

To my amazement, my J.Crew store card has grown, despite my terribly treatment of them back in the day. It's from WFNNB. *shudders again*
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 19
wmarat
Valued Contributor

That's not my experience. JCP is stuck at the same CL since 11/07. And this card works hard for my DW.

@Anonymous wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

Any store card  backed by GEMB

I haven't had any experience with other GEMB cards, but I'd have to say JC Pennys card is definitely a card I'd put in the catagory of "grows with you".

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll say Best Buy and Sams store cards. I get a CLI every 4 to 6 Months with them without it being a hard pull.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.