Are they horrible? 

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Regular Contributor
GoldenloveNY

Re: Store Charge cards

[ Edited ]

Not Really. They are easy to get than your typical bank credit cards, but they typically bring low credit limits. They are good for those who are building or rebuilding. I wouldn't just apply for one unless the store that offers it is a place I normally shop. 

Edit: I have never seen a store charge card. Did you mean store credit cards?

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

GoldenloveNY wrote:

Not Really. They are easy to get than your typical bank credit cards, but they typically bring low credit limits. They are good for those who are building or rebuilding. I wouldn't just apply for one unless the store that offers it is a place I normally shop. 

+1

A lot of people just refer to store cards as store charge cards or store charge accounts 

;
Regular Contributor
GoldenloveNY

jsucool76 wrote:

GoldenloveNY wrote:

+1

A lot of people just refer to store cards as store charge cards or store charge accounts 

Thanks!

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

jsucool76 wrote:

GoldenloveNY wrote:

+1

Most are not actual Charge Cards but Von Maur is one that is.  (it reports just the same as Amex Charge)

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
S7

Thanks!   I was approved for American Eagle, (the only pants and cargo shorts the husband wears) and an Old Navy, (again, most of the clothes my kiddies have are from there) and I saw that on my report they show as "charge account" and I was curious as if they appear worse bc of that listing?

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}