Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Credit Cards?

tag
writerstale
Contributor

Store Credit Cards?

I was wondering what are the best store credit cards to apply to?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Store Credit Cards?

Best is always highly subjective regardless of topic.  If you want recommendations you need to clarfy what you need/want and what you're looking to accomplish.  Which stores can you utilize?  A store card for a store you never shop at is, obviously, of no use.

There are many that have no store cards at all because they have no use for any of them.  Give us something to work with.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@writerstale wrote:

There is no such thing as a 'best' store card.  It's whatever fits your needs not other people's that matter.  Get one if you regularly shop at that particular store and they routinely offer 0% or other low financing options.  Otherwise apply for a major credit credit card

Message 3 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Good advice so far. It's kind of like asking what is the best car to drive. Without knowing anything of where you regularly shop or what your goals and objectives are, its kind of a loaded question.
Message 4 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

There is no such thing as best store cards.  One should only open cards at stores he/she shops at.  Do not go and get a ton of store cards, because you will regret it later.

Good Luck

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

I agree with everyone else. Only get store cards you will actually use. I totally disagree with those that load up on store cards they never use in an effort to rebuild. IF you shop Lowe's, I always recommend apping that card because it grows very fast and very high. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@writerstale wrote:

First off we need to know your foundation first. The answer about what credit cards to get depends on your profile first and foremost. What are your current Fico scores on all 3 bureaus? Do you have any negative accounts on any bureau and if so what are they and how old are they? What accounts do you have now and their balances? How old are these accounts?

Next we can look at what stores or banks you have the highest probability of getting approved at based on your scores.

Then we can look at any stores you may be prone to shop at enough times in a year to justify the card. Of course Shopping Cart

Trick cards which involve soft pulls are a totally different matter.

You really don't need more than 3-4 store cards as part of your crefit portfolio.

Think of this forum the way you look at going to see a doctor or lawyer. Provide detailed info about your profile, and all of our combined experience can give you a game plan tailored to your individual profile,so that you can develop as solid of credit as possible.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.