Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Credit To Credit Card

tag
Freak4Dell
New Visitor

Store Credit To Credit Card

Hi,

I recently was approved for a credit line at a furniture store. The credit is provided by Wells Fargo. The store is a regional store, and I don't really plan on buying more furniture while I'm living here, so is it possible for me to get that credit line transferred over to a regular credit card? My current accounts are with Chase and BOA, so no Wells Fargo cards. I probably wouldn't use the credit card either, but I'd rather have something I may possibly use than something I most likely will never use. Otherwise, I'll probably just end up closing the account.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Store Credit To Credit Card

@Freak4Dell wrote:

Hi,

I recently was approved for a credit line at a furniture store. The credit is provided by Wells Fargo. The store is a regional store, and I don't really plan on buying more furniture while I'm living here, so is it possible for me to get that credit line transferred over to a regular credit card? My current accounts are with Chase and BOA, so no Wells Fargo cards. I probably wouldn't use the credit card either, but I'd rather have something I may possibly use than something I most likely will never use. Otherwise, I'll probably just end up closing the account.

Welcome to the forum

Have you checked to see if the store has a CC?

I doubt they will move the line of credit to a CC tho.

Not many furniture stores issue credit cards most just deal with consumer loans but it won't hurt to call them up and ask what products they have available 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.