Frequent Contributor
laryn41

Store app vs. online application

Is one more leinent then the other? 
Frequent Contributor
laryn41

Re: Store app vs. online application

like old navy.  Would I be more app to get approved in the store rather than online.
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

Macy's keeps online apps CLs low for a period of at least 6 months as opposed to in store applications.

I don't know about Old Navy, I got mine at the register but the limit was MUCH higher than the online Macys limit.

Rob
Frequent Contributor
laryn41

but are they easiers to get approved at register
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

It seems as though there is motivation to approve based on your purchase vs. just an interested consumer.

Rob
New Contributor
jcmycology

I haven't applied in store yet for any. Although when a few I know have- they were approved, with 'ok' credit. I think it does have something to do with how much you buy - limit wise.

Macy's wasn't too shabby with me online either - I was approved for $1000

Regular Contributor
daytona18

jcmycology wrote:
I haven't applied in store yet for any. Although when a few I know have- they were approved, with 'ok' credit. I think it does have something to do with how much you buy - limit wise.

Macy's wasn't too shabby with me online either - I was approved for $1000

Was the approval instant for Macy's?  What do they pull and what kind of scores do you have? 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}