Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store card suggestions.

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Store card suggestions.

Im in the rebuilding phase, I have one unsecured CC with a $500 CL, and a secured card with $500 CL. Wanted to get one store card, but wanted to minimize chances of decline.

What are some good cards with below average scores?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Store card suggestions.

Ask yourself where you shop and what sort of deals you would like to have access to from a card.

Walmart- decent 0% offers.

Target- 5% discount for what you charge.

JCP- limited bonuses

Amazon- 0% offers constantly for large purchases

I am sure others can expand on this list Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ask yourself where you shop and what sort of deals you would like to have access to from a card.

Walmart- decent 0% offers.

Target- 5% discount for what you charge.

JCP- limited bonuses

Amazon- 0% offers constantly for large purchases

I am sure others can expand on this list Smiley Happy

are jewelers cards typically easier to get, or about the same? I will be making a large purchase soon, thats the only card I can think of that I will actually use.

I dont shop at WM, Target, or JCP, but the amazon would be nice. Think my scores have a chance?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mod Cut. Linking to that site is not allowed - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Personally I would wait until you see your score hit 600 before apping.  That would give you a little security in your chance for approval.

I am not sure how bad my score was when I started rebuilding, but I can honestly tell you that I was stuck being a bottom feeder in subprime land for years before moving up to a top feeder in subprime land.  I only recently made it as a bottom feeder in prime land.  Five years of mistakes and lots of interest paid out for no reason other than lacking proper research and knowledge.  Hang out here and I am sure you will do better than I did Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

my score is not up to date, Im expecting to be above 600 now, but I dont want to pay for my score again until everything clears up. I have had a collection come off, and my util went from 117% to 2%. Which is why I figured it would be a good time to add a small store card for some positive lines. Just not sure what are good cards for my score of around 600

Message 5 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Walmart is good for 0% and free FICO.  Amazon for 0%.  Lowes for 0% financing and 5% all other purchases.  

Message 6 of 17
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

If those scores are current i don't know if you would get approved for anything....maybe Target at like $200

Message 7 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

Sams Club, Walmart, BML, and if you like toys - Newegg.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 17
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I haven't heard them mentioned for a long time but Jared/Kay store cards appear fairly easy to obtained. I saw one score quoted at 605. They seem to give decent limits as well.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 9 of 17
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

as I stated before, the current score is not up to date, otherwise I wouldnt be interested in getting one, but thanks to that link ive been able to check out some great cards.

Kay apparently has good cards as well with 0% for 12 months.

thanks for all the help guys!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.