Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store card that pull EQ and/or TU

tag
Martis
New Contributor

Store card that pull EQ and/or TU

Last week I applied for a BJ's card, and I was approved but I did  not know that is not a store card.

I need a store/gas card for a mix on my credit file, I don't have any.

BJ's card did not pulled EQ and/or TU  this way the credit score is still high (EQ - 692,  TU 693).

Can you please give an advice what store/gas card pull just EQ and/or TU.

I am from Virginia.

I really appreciate your advices,  THANK YOU

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mt2va
Established Contributor

Re: Store card that pull EQ and/or TU

I'm in Virginia also & the following store/gas cards have pulled EQ for me when I've apped in the last couple months:

Best Buy

Sears

Shell

Exxon

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 2 of 9
Martis
New Contributor

@mt2va wrote:

I'm in Virginia also & the following store/gas cards have pulled EQ for me when I've apped in the last couple months:

Best Buy

Sears

Shell

Exxon

Today I applied in store for Best Buy store card, they approved me for 1800.  I could not believe it, I am so happy, This is my highest limit credit card.

Thank You mt2va!

Message 3 of 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Martis wrote:

Last week I applied for a BJ's card, and I was approved but I did  not know that is not a store card.

BJ's card did not pulled EQ and/or TU  this way the credit score is still high (EQ - 692,  TU 693).

I am from Virginia.

Unless someone comes along with a different experience, I have seen no evidence in these forums or elsewhere that having a store or gas card makes any difference. When you hear or read about the benefits of having a "mix" of credit, they mean the mix of revolving, installment and mortgage...the different kinds of credit.

Don't get me wrong, there are great store and gas cards out there. They are fine to have...but I don't think they will improve credit scores because they are different from bank cards.

Message 4 of 9
Bharath
Established Member

Wow.. 1800 is a gud amount too...I am from AR and my EQ(FICO) is 709 and TU ( FICO) is 688... Can I apply for best buy and what are my chances of getting a CC over $1000???
Message 5 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I would say your chances are good as long as your reports are clean. I got the card in sep. with scores 700-740 range. My CL is 3.6K.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have not seen any proof either, but assume that having one or two store accounts would not harm.

@LynetteM wrote:

@Martis wrote:

I am from Virginia.

Unless someone comes along with a different experience, I have seen no evidence in these forums or elsewhere that having a store or gas card makes any difference. When you hear or read about the benefits of having a "mix" of credit, they mean the mix of revolving, installment and mortgage...the different kinds of credit.

Don't get me wrong, there are great store and gas cards out there. They are fine to have...but I don't think they will improve credit scores because they are different from bank cards.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 9
Martis
New Contributor

@Bharath wrote:
Wow.. 1800 is a gud amount too...I am from AR and my EQ(FICO) is 709 and TU ( FICO) is 688... Can I apply for best buy and what are my chances of getting a CC over $1000???

My situation was EQ - 692,  TU 693, one inquiry in the past 12 months, low balances on my credit cards, 19 months of credit history.

I think you have a good chance to be approved with that scores.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 9
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I love my BJ's Visa!

I started in April 2008 with 3,000 CL with scores and history similar to yours. At that time the most I had from anyone else was 500 CL.Then I asked (via backdoor) for and got an increase to 5,000 CL this past February.

This month they auto CLI'ed me to 6,000.

Keep watching, I'm pretty sure you will see a TU inquiry show up.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.