cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store card vs credit card

tag
Vanessakort

Store card vs credit card

I am thinking about appling for a rooms to go card through GE for some furniture i need. I was declined for Care Credit about 4 months ago which is from GE as well. My credit is around 669. Should I app for it or just try to get a regular credit card with 0 apr? I currently have a freedom with is my everyday card with 3500 limit and the PGR. Also have a Walmart with a 1000 limit
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Store card vs credit card

Can u tell us more about your credit profile? What was the reason for the denial?

Usually store cards are easier to get than prime credit cards, so it's important to find out why did they decline you first of all
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
Vanessakort

I have never received a letter from them . Called 4 times and always the same we will send you a letter. I have 2 old baddies that will fall off in June 13 and a car loan. + a vs card a credit one with 550 limit
Message 3 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

With a 669 I'd say GE is your best bet.  Not many 0% cards out there for that score.  GE tends to be forging.  Carecredit is different from all other GE products, it's the only GE product Credit Solutions won't service. Getting a decline for it wouldn't prevent me from applying for other GE products. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.