Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store cards.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store cards.

Decided to trim some fat.

Closed all my Comenity cards (Buckle, Express). Both stuck at $250.

Thought about closing my Macys. $800 limit, but I never use it. Think I will close it anyways.

Called Kohls and asked for a CLI. Denied.......Seriously? Going to leave me stuck at $300? If it weren't for the cardholder offers and discounts, this one would have been closed long ago.

Keeping my 4 GE cards. Lowes $25k - Care Credit $14k - Amazon $5k - Walmart Mastercard $1.8k (they are stingy with this one for some reason. Tried twice through credit solutions- denied both times. Still keeping it though. I use it at Walmart. Nice to be able to grab $100 cash and have it treated like a purchase.)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Store cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

Decided to trim some fat.

Closed all my Comenity cards (Buckle, Express). Both stuck at $250.

Thought about closing my Macys. $800 limit, but I never use it. Think I will close it anyways.

Called Kohls and asked for a CLI. Denied.......Seriously? Going to leave me stuck at $300? If it weren't for the cardholder offers and discounts, this one would have been closed long ago.

Keeping my 4 GE cards. Lowes $25k - Care Credit $14k - Amazon $5k - Walmart Mastercard $1.8k (they are stingy with this one for some reason. Tried twice through credit solutions- denied both times. Still keeping it though. I use it at Walmart. Nice to be able to grab $100 cash and have it treated like a purchase.)

Awesome!

Message 2 of 8
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

OP. I see by your siggy that EX is as good to you as they are to me!  100 Plus point difference!  Aren't they grand! Smiley Frustrated

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

OP. I see by your siggy that EX is as good to you as they are to me!  100 Plus point difference!  Aren't they grand! Smiley Frustrated

Your sig has a missing bureau. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

Well, EQ still has 2 baddies showing for me. They will come off next month though.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

Your sig has a missing bureau. Smiley Tongue

Oh yeah lol. Just noticed this too. Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would keep Macys. The limit will grow. Kohl's is just stingy with limits. There  just isn't much for one to buy there requiring large credit lines and no upgrade available. 

Your Eqiufax score is drastically lower than your other 2. Is that because of collections? You have done remarkably well with such low scores this summer. You need more time. The Comenity cards you had don't do cli's until 9 months. Macy's is 6 months. You just need more time that's all.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have store cards that I don't even use anymore. I'm just letting them die honorably. Smiley Happy I do use my Macy's occasionally to get an extra discount. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.