Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stores with instant credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stores with instant credit

Can you help me to make a list of stores with instant credit and the banks they are going through? Macy's (citi), Nordstrom (nordstrom), BestBuy (HSBC), Sears (HSBC), JC Penny (?)

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Stores with instant credit

When you say "instant credit," what exactly are you referring to? Applying at check-out?

JCPenney's is GEMB.

Sears is normally Citi. I think that the Sears HSBC card is what you get if you don't qualify for the Citi version.

To add some stores and their associated banks, although I don't know about the instant part:

Bloomingdales (DSNB, aka Citi, as is Macy's)

Home Depot (Citi)

Lowe's (GEMB)

J.Crew, Express, Structure, Eddie Bauer, a buncha similar upscale mall stores, Lane Bryant (I think they've switched back) --all these are WFNNB
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I meant fast application at checkout and the ones that allow you to get approved instantly and shop right away. BTW which ones except Macy's and Nordies will give good initial CL for a good credit?
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gordon's Jewlers is citi bank
Message 4 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Lexa wrote:
Yeah, I meant fast application at checkout and the ones that allow you to get approved instantly and shop right away. BTW which ones except Macy's and Nordies will give good initial CL for a good credit?

I would think that pretty much any store card would do this. Turn up back at the customer service desk with a cart full of stuff, and I understand that this helps you get a nice initial CL. Smiley Wink

Kohl's is one. Handled by Chase, which pulls your Experian Vantage score, the only lender we know of that uses a FAKO.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 22
marty56
Super Contributor

Target, Kohls, Conns, Best Buy, Sears, Sams for Discover, Newegg, Furniture Row
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 22
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

HSBC - Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman - I had an acct instant app for Saks when I bought one item for $1K, my initial CL given upon purchase was $2K. I think (no real evidence) that more upscale stores tend to give more generous starting CL's. After all, their items do cost a little bit more... HSBC, they have been known to slash CL's due to inactivity.  

WFNNB - Victorias secret, crate and barrel,there are a bunch of other little stores too.

GEMB - Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy  - from research, have not seen higher CL's on gap and old navy, typically starting at 250-300.  Ethan Allen is GEMB as is Thomasville.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 22
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you help me to make a list of stores with instant credit and the banks they are going through? Macy's (citi), Nordstrom (nordstrom), BestBuy (HSBC), Sears (HSBC), JC Penny (?)

Best Buy uses both HSBC and JPMorgan Chase, just to note.
If you are declined by HSBC, your application is automatically and immediately reviewed by JPMorgan Chase at the Customer Service Desk.
This is, however, only for the Best Buy Private Label Credit Card. The Best Buy RewardZone MasterCard is serviced only by HSBC. 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy uses HSBC for the Reward Zone Mastercard and also for the store card. If your credit isn't good enough for HSBC on the store credit, it will automatically run it for chase, which they say gets more approvals.
Message 9 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

American Signature Furniture (AKA Value City Furniture) is WFFNB; I got a preapproval on the website while entering a giveaway!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.