Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stories of beating 5/24...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stories of beating 5/24...

Was just curious if we could create an aggregate of information on beating 5/24 because it has been done.  For the record, I have spoken to Chase customer service reps and they state that 5/24 is not an official policy of Chase.  It used to be advertised on online ads, but no longer. 

The first instance I heard about was a banker in-branch that approved a CSR for someone that should have been eliminated by 5/24 but was able to still get the card.  He said the customer had an 800+ score and excellent income. 

Any other stores? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
surehit
Regular Contributor

Re: Stories of beating 5/24...

I got my CSR via in-branch pre-approval while being significantly over 5/24, as have many others.
AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 2 of 12
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@surehit wrote:
I got my CSR via in-branch pre-approval while being significantly over 5/24, as have many others.
THIS! you have to be preapproved, in branch. that's the only way to go around 5/24. no other way or method.

Message 3 of 12
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for CSR online over 5/24, I felt pretty specail until I read apprently private clients get some leeway on that rule. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 4 of 12
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

I was approved for CSR online over 5/24, I felt pretty specail until I read apprently private clients get some leeway on that rule. 

as a private client you ARE special Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the CSP @ 15k at about 16/24. Fico 8 low low 700s across the board. They gave me the offer. I did not cold app. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am over the 5/24 and got the CSR in the branch.  That rule over time, will be done with as there isn't any clear guidelines when it comes to approving cards.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 5/24 rule doesn't apply to certain cards tho right? I think I read cards like AAdvantage, Amazon, and Disney don't count. If that's true is it possible to get one of those and then convert a year later?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The 5/24 rule doesn't apply to certain cards tho right? I think I read cards like AAdvantage, Amazon, and Disney don't count. If that's true is it possible to get one of those and then convert a year later?

You cant convert those cobranded cards AFAIK.  Its not lke Amex that is a litle more flexible.

If anyone has any remote interest in traveling and is >5/24 on major credit cards they most certainly should check in branch for prequalified offers. Reports of 70k URs for CSP, 30k URs for Freedom products, and of course in branch is the most popular way to bypass 5/24 for the CSR.  I have a friend with little banking history with chase scores below 680 that got approved for all 3 in a 90 day period........

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.