Regular Contributor
stpn2me

Stpn2me - Effect of recent apps - Equifax

Hello everyone!

I have done some apping in the last few days and I wanted to show you guys the results.

The CB that took the most hits was Equifax and my score showed it. I applied for a CC from USAA and I app'd twice for American Express, once for JCPenny (approved) 1750 CL, both apps from AMEX denied because of a 60 day late in Nov 06.

Scores before apping: about Dec 1, 2007:

TU - 684 EQ - 686 EX - 685

Cards at that time: BOFA Platinum - 1500 CL, $50 balance, Capitalone - $500 CL - no balance, Deferred Payment Plan (Military) - $5000 CL - $100 balance.

Loans: Citifinancial $25,100 car loan (2005)- never been late. Wachovia Dealer Services - $24,670 (2006)- Never been late. 1 Student loan - $8000, $50 a month ,Never been late.

Scores after apping: Dec 16, 2007:

TU - 693 EQ - 675 EX - 694

Cards now: BOFA, Capitalone, DPP still the same as above. Added USAA MC - $10,000 CL, $1000 balance (Disneyland tickets for christmas), USAA AMEX - $10,000 CL, no balance, JCPenny, $1750 CL, $250 balance.

Loans: Citifinancial and student loans same, Traded in the truck with Wachovia, got a loan with Mercedes Credit, $50,000 (yet to post to CR). 

Most of the hard pulls came from EQ and I think my score shows it. Hopefully, with time this will come up, but I think I will have to check other posts on how long inqs affect your score. I expect a drop when the loan for the benz hits the other CB, but hopefully not much. Looks good to me and I dont plan on apping for a while. I will use the USAA MC while I am at disneyland and it is a cash back card, but I have cash on hand to PIF next month. What do you guys think?

Stpn2me 
TU - 625 EQ - 644 EX - 672 as of 5 June 13
Regular Contributor
notmyname

Re: Stpn2me - Effect of recent apps - Equifax

Looks great,
You did a good job of re-writing your credit story.

The INQ's start to recover substantially within six months.

RP
Super Contributor
concorduser

I think USAA card is only for members of armed forces right?
Senior Contributor
imducky

concorduser wrote:
I think USAA card is only for members of armed forces right?

i recently heard that as of june 06 they restricted mebership to armed forces and family members of. prior to that they were open to the general public (at least for a period of time).
Super Contributor
concorduser

Do you think I should call them and ask them if they would be willing to accept civilan applications?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Or children or spouses of active duty, or of members or former members. If you had a parent who was ever in the military, it is possible that they once had car insurance, etc., and you might be eligible.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=become_member_eligibility

1-800-862-6909
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
imducky

concorduser wrote:
Do you think I should call them and ask them if they would be willing to accept civilan applications?

they won't even accept civilian fed govt unless you have a military family member (maybe if you work for dod or something). they wouldn't let me in at any rate.

i was very impressed w/thier cs though. my father was in the army and grandfather was retired air force. the reps helped me search thier names and my dad's ss#, dob to see if there was ever a record of them being a member or if by chance either of them set up an account for me. as i said i was very impressed that they would be willing to go so far for a nut case caller like me.
Regular Contributor
stpn2me

USAA is absolutely the best company out there as far as I'm concerned. Great rates and great products for military members and their families.

Stpn2me
TU - 625 EQ - 644 EX - 672 as of 5 June 13
Valued Contributor
netpanther

We used to have USAA for car insurance and Dad has dealt w/ them ever since I could remember. Going to check if we can sign up back w/ them.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

np, if your dad is no longer a member, he can rejoin, and then he can extend membership to you. I'm pretty sure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}