Did you mean: 

Strange!!!. $500 CL Chase Amazon becomes Visa Siggy :0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange!!!. $500 CL Chase Amazon becomes Visa Siggy :0

@Revelate wrote:

@tamaralig wrote:

ddemari mines did the same...card number the same but reports as a new tl with the original open date though. 

CKupdate.jpg

That could be just CK too; I had a tradeline update recently and it did a similar you don't see it now you do thing on CK in one update.

Likely just part of their software algorithm for detecting changes and it saw it as a new tradeline and the old one it had in it's records wasn't there... hence the new / delete notation.

It's not....It's also on myfico..not to be negative but I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't know what I was looking at Smiley Happy Here's some extra proof for the pudding... that alert is dated 3/23 and that was an EQ alert from myfico and same as the original screen shots show EQ on CK.ChaseUpdate.png

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of them?  Oh, yes please.  Not one complaint from me.

I have a $3k CL, I only ever use it on Amazon, and I put quite a bit through it.  They better hurry, though, as I will be changing all my Amazon spend back to Discover come July Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Maybe this means Visa Infinite or some other high tier is coming soon.

Message 13 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tamaralig wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@tamaralig wrote:

ddemari mines did the same...card number the same but reports as a new tl with the original open date though. 

That could be just CK too; I had a tradeline update recently and it did a similar you don't see it now you do thing on CK in one update.

Likely just part of their software algorithm for detecting changes and it saw it as a new tradeline and the old one it had in it's records wasn't there... hence the new / delete notation.

It's not....It's also on myfico..not to be negative but I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't know what I was looking at Smiley Happy Here's some extra proof for the pudding... that alert is dated 3/23 and that was an EQ alert from myfico and same as the original screen shots show EQ on CK.ChaseUpdate.png

I do believe I wasn't clear in the last message:

A tradeline change happened.  MF's monitoring picks that up as a tradeline change.

CK on the other hand, as has happened to me previously and from the looks of your post you as well, doesn't recognize as a tradeline changing, rather it recognizes as a new tradeline and the former one being gone... hence the tradeline deletion and creation notation on CK.

Anyway doesn't really matter, the tradeline is correct on the bureau in my experience so it doesn't matter.

        
Message 14 of 20
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:
Here's my theory and it's just a shot in the dark, higher swipe fees. Now that you can get a Visa Signature with a $500 limit I'd say the precieved prestige factor for signature is gone, just like the $300 gm buypower WEMC's.

Yes, mine got upgraded too, and no offense to anyone who got the upgrade,  but I think it's a lame decision to assign the Signature status to cards with very low limits (I believe mine shouldn't be upgraded either). There really should be a threshold of $4-5K, like it used to be (if it ever did) for an account to be on the Signature status. But anyway, Visa might come up with something else for their higher end cards, who nows.

By the way there was another thread on the same topic recently, maybe a moderator can merge them.

lol? There is like 5-10 threads about this ....

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 15 of 20
bldmt
Regular Contributor

My CK updates every Sunday and this morning they reported my Sam's PLCC as a new trade line (1 1/2 years old) and right below it they showed the same account as closed. All of the information was exactly the same.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Here's my theory and it's just a shot in the dark, higher swipe fees. Now that you can get a Visa Signature with a $500 limit I'd say the precieved prestige factor for signature is gone, just like the $300 gm buypower WEMC's.

Please don't remind me Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is $400...

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a secured message (on their website) from Chase telling me that my card was changed.  The details were very sparse in the message.  I did check my CK CR, and it does show the card as flex spending.  Chase is still showing a CL.  Are we getting new cards?  

Also, I happened to notice that I also had a message from Citi telling me to look out for my new AAdvantage card.  I can't help but wonder if there is some change to this card (WEMC perhaps?)  I'll post (likely in a new thread) if I find that is the case.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.