Did you mean: 

Strange Credit Day..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange Credit Day..

@tinuviel wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

FYI just got the myFICO scorewatch up date and it said that because of the recent inqury my score went 'down' to a 688. So I guess it was actually higher than I thought Smiley Happy

Which card were you applying for? If we know what type of card your looking for, we can give you some advice as to how to work towards that. A score in the upper 600s isn't bad, but generally speaking you'd have better odds of being approved for many different types of cards if your scores are 700+. On the bright side, your score should continue to grow as the inq from the car loan ages and you gain positive history from the loan.

Dont forget that the autoloan will contribute to the credit score only after 9 months from the day the loan was opened.I hope this helps

Message 11 of 26
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

really? It takes 9 months for an auto loan to contribute to the score? Ive never heard that

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 12 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@E150GT wrote:

really? It takes 9 months for an auto loan to contribute to the score? Ive never heard that

Depends on the file; mine helped me the moment I got it superceding the inquiry penalty generated for the loan, but I was a near thin file with no installment tradelines on my report.

Someone with a thicker history with a number of installment lines on the report will take longer; however, 9 months I have to agree is something of a swag.

        
Message 13 of 26
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

@HenryJumbo wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

Last night I bought a car. When they pulled my credit they said it was 766- up a hundred points in the last month which I thought was from fixing 2 mistakes and paying down util from 80 to 10%. So I went home and apped for the one card I have been wanting and was denied.

Ouch. 100+ post and the first thing you do is run home and apply for a card... and totally not check with us before hand. Tsk tsk

I know, I know! But here is the funny thing- the guy I worked with at the dealer ship is ALSO on myFICO forums and he showed me all of his cards and told me his credit rebuilding history. He was like- you want my advice? Go home RIGHT NOW and apply for a card and you will be approved before this new auto loan posts on your file.

He was so wrong! I had no idea that the 766 score they pulled was weighted based on my auto loan history (very good) vs. CC companies will pull the FICO, which scorewatch just told me is a 688 from Equifax.

I wish I hadn't listened to him! I will always ask you guys first from now on!!!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 26
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

FYI just got the myFICO scorewatch up date and it said that because of the recent inqury my score went 'down' to a 688. So I guess it was actually higher than I thought Smiley Happy

Which card were you applying for? If we know what type of card your looking for, we can give you some advice as to how to work towards that. A score in the upper 600s isn't bad, but generally speaking you'd have better odds of being approved for many different types of cards if your scores are 700+. On the bright side, your score should continue to grow as the inq from the car loan ages and you gain positive history from the loan.

I had apped for the CIti Forward and one of their other cards, based on the fact that they are my bank of many many years and would be able to consider my checking account history to supplement my thin file. I had been declined in December and the woman at the backdoor/recon number (thanks forums!) told me the only reason was I had two delinquencies and a high util rate on my revolvers. Well I was only carrying a high balance on my revolvers because I thought that was helping me build credit, to show I was responsible with the payments. (I know, I know... I really knew NOTHING about credit until I found myFICO a year ago). So I have since gotten the 2 delinquencies removed because they were mistakes. And I paid my util down to 10%.

But what she told me was- I was decline this time because they saw I had recently applied. So their system automatically rejects. What I have to do now is call for a recon AGAIN on the existing app from December because any app stays in Citibank's system for 90 days. So I have to just fax in my Equifax FICO and I should be approved, she said.

I will keep you all posted! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@loviedovie wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

I had apped for the CIti Forward and one of their other cards, based on the fact that they are my bank of many many years and would be able to consider my checking account history to supplement my thin file. I had been declined in December and the woman at the backdoor/recon number (thanks forums!) told me the only reason was I had two delinquencies and a high util rate on my revolvers. Well I was only carrying a high balance on my revolvers because I thought that was helping me build credit, to show I was responsible with the payments. (I know, I know... I really knew NOTHING about credit until I found myFICO a year ago). So I have since gotten the 2 delinquencies removed because they were mistakes. And I paid my util down to 10%.

But what she told me was- I was decline this time because they saw I had recently applied. So their system automatically rejects. What I have to do now is call for a recon AGAIN on the existing app from December because any app stays in Citibank's system for 90 days. So I have to just fax in my Equifax FICO and I should be approved, she said.

Good luck! Keeping fingers crossed for you! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 16 of 26
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

Thanks Tinuviel!

Does anyone know where I can pull my Equifax FICO without it showing as a hard pull on my report, OTHER THAN the free annual site- becuase I just got one of the answers wrong on their verification questions and now they won't give me my report. Smiley Sad 

Message 17 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@loviedovie wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:

Thanks Tinuviel!

Does anyone know where I can pull my Equifax FICO without it showing as a hard pull on my report, OTHER THAN the free annual site- becuase I just got one of the answers wrong on their verification questions and now they won't give me my report. Smiley Sad 

Have you tried calling them and explaining the verification problem? You are, after all, entitled to the report.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Are they asking for the report or the score?  It seems odd that Citi would accept either honestly, I strongly think they'll have to pull it themselves anyway as reports can certainly be faked.

As for getting access, try a different browser or an Incognito window if in Chrome.  Also I don't think one answer is a problem, I passed the EQ identity check not recognizing a county name, and then Googling... oh hey, I did live there previously.  Whoopsie!

        
Message 19 of 26
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Are they asking for the report or the score?  It seems odd that Citi would accept either honestly, I strongly think they'll have to pull it themselves anyway as reports can certainly be faked.

As for getting access, try a different browser or an Incognito window if in Chrome.  Also I don't think one answer is a problem, I passed the EQ identity check not recognizing a county name, and then Googling... oh hey, I did live there previously.  Whoopsie!

Revelate-

Yeah isn't that strange? They wanted the report either PDF emailed from Equifax or faxed, with the URL handwritten across the top of every page to prove there had been no tampering. (In other words they will not just look at the fax, they will type and reload each page to make sure they can access the same content).

Lots of hoops but I just finished jumping through the last one. They said allow 48 hours for receipt of the information and I will hear an answer within 7 days of that time. Cross your fingers for me!! It will be my first credit card!  (Not counting Macy's and the GE medical credit card, which I don't count due to their limited potential for use.) I feel so grown up finally joining the credit world.

Thanks so much for all of the advice here. Could NOT have done it without the wisdom of the other members/moderators here!!! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.