Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange DCU Membership Disappearing Act

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Strange DCU Membership Disappearing Act

Hello all...I need anyone's experience with DCU membership sign-up. I read here that DCU is a great credit union and generous with CLI's, so I went to join. The only way I qualify is to send the $10 donation. So, I signed up and used my Discover card. Right away, the $5 for the account was pending on my card. The next day, they said they needed a copy of my driver license, so I emailed them a scanned copy. The next day after that they said they needed a copy of my social security card, so I sent that too. Three days went by with no other contacts, and when I looked at my Discover account, the $5 for DCU had been removed. Did I get denied or does it take DCU this long (6 days now) to get back to you? Thanks for any input you can give me.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Strange DCU Membership Disappearing Act

It could mean that the pending charge was never finalized within the 72 hours. DCU can be slow in processing membership requests.
Message 2 of 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
It could mean that the pending charge was never finalized within the 72 hours. DCU can be slow in processing membership requests.

Ahhh...yes, that's probably it. Thank you very much for responding. I appreciate it.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 13
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I've been waiting since 3/18 for approval nothing yet. I'm always told sometime to call back at the end of the day, or to call back early next week, when I call to check on the status. And the people who handle new accounts and do the review process, don't seem they like to give out too much info either. Unlike you though, I made sure I sent in all of my documents the same night I applied online. I honestly, dont know why the hell theyre taking so long to come to a decision. Good luck to both us...

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

March 18th!!!!! That's horrible! I must say that they have been very attentive to me and my DH. I really do not know what's been going on with them lately.
Message 5 of 13
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
March 18th!!!!! That's horrible! I must say that they have been very attentive to me and my DH. I really do not know what's been going on with them lately.

Any recommendations Lexie? Or you think I should just not even think about it and sit tight?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 6 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@WarJar101

I'm not really sure what you can do. Have you tried speaking to a supervisor?
Message 7 of 13
ElCamino
Contributor

I'm in the same boat.

Sent them copies of my license and social and when I inquired via e-mail as to my status, they told me I was being reviewed.

I applied on 3/20.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 8 of 13
zyzzus
Established Contributor

I'm planning to apply soon I've got my reports frozen I wonder how hard this is going ti be for me...

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 9 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You'll have to unfreeze EQ. They pull that for membership.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.