Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Discover CLI

tag
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

Strange Discover CLI

I have a Discover Miles card with a $7500 limit.  It was raised after a year from $3,600 at my request with  a HP.  a couple weeks ago, seeing that the last CLI was over 6 mos ago I hit the LUV button. Asked for $10K total.  Declined with a soft pull because " high balances reporting on TU". 

My utilisation is about 19% by the way.

Well okay, no big deal, I don't need the additional credit, I've never charged more than $1,200 on the card and have never failed to PIF, usually before the statement closing date.

Today I get a call from "account review".  The tell me that because of "excellent" TU report.  (True it's not bad, 743) and my "sparing" use of available credit, I am eligible for CLI with a soft pull.

I almost laughed.  This is two weeks since the denial.

Asked me a few questions about my business, income, expenses, etc.  Raised the limit to $9,500.

Strange game, this credit business.

...Ranger Out...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Strange Discover CLI

I have found Discover to be generous with random cli's. I have never requested one and my limit has been increased about every 9 months or so since I recieved the card.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.