Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Experian CR change

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Strange Experian CR change

So I got an email today that stated "Alert - An account change has been detected from Experian" 

What with all the hysteria with Lenders closing accounts because of too many accounts recently opened, this scared me half to death. So I opened it up on MyFico and it stated that it is a "Chase Card" and the status has changed to "Paid Loan" with a balance of $0.00. And it knocked 4 points off my EX score.

What the heck does this mean? I don't have any loans with Chase. And my CSP and Freedom both already reported earlier this month two weeks ago.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Strange Experian CR change

@mikelo22 wrote:

So I got an email today that stated "Alert - An account change has been detected from Experian" 

What with all the hysteria with Lenders closing accounts because of too many accounts recently opened, this scared me half to death. So I opened it up on MyFico and it stated that it is a "Chase Card" and the status has changed to "Paid Loan" with a balance of $0.00. And it knocked 4 points off my EX score.

What the heck does this mean? I don't have any loans with Chase. And my CSP and Freedom both already reported earlier this month two weeks ago.

Check and see if 1 of your cards has been closed..

Message 2 of 4
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

Check and see if 1 of your cards has been closed..

Sorry, I thought I included this. I have checked and everything is A-OK. No change.

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Weird that usually indicates a card closure or similiar verbage!   Scary, but you appear ok....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.