Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strangeness from Capital one

tag
shasta
Regular Contributor

Strangeness from Capital one

I asked a few weeks ago on these forums about helping my nephew get credit. He's 19 and just started working and I'm trying to help him

Well, I helped him apply online at Capital one and he was instantly denied. He received a letter a couple of weeks later stating that he had no credit file. The same day that he was denied, I added him as an AU on my Capital one and my AMEX zync. Both cards came for him a few days later.

Today, he received a letter from Capital one and it contained an unsecured credit card with a $300 limit!

What the heck?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Strangeness from Capital one

@shasta wrote:

I asked a few weeks ago on these forums about helping my nephew get credit. He's 19 and just started working and I'm trying to help him

Well, I helped him apply online at Capital one and he was instantly denied. He received a letter a couple of weeks later stating that he had no credit file. The same day that he was denied, I added him as an AU on my Capital one and my AMEX zync. Both cards came for him a few days later.

Today, he received a letter from Capital one and it contained an unsecured credit card with a $300 limit!

What the heck?

Sounds like they reconsidered on their own!

I'd just mosey on along and take care of the card! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.