Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in the garden!

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Stuck in the garden!

I think I am now in forced gardening for at least 1-2 years. I can't think of any other cards that I need or want other than A few offered by Chase, Citibank and B of A unfortunately my BK is only 3 yrs Post D/C.  Chase told me 4-5 yrs Bof A 1 yr on secured and then I am good to go and CITI would not tell me anything.  Any cards that are BK friendly that I am missing?  I also want a Macy's  but got to wait one more year on that app.  

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Stuck in the garden!

@morgacj2004 wrote:

I think I am now in forced gardening for at least 1-2 years. I can't think of any other cards that I need or want other than A few offered by Chase, Citibank and B of A unfortunately my BK is only 3 yrs Post D/C.  Chase told me 4-5 yrs Bof A 1 yr on secured and then I am good to go and CITI would not tell me anything.  Any cards that are BK friendly that I am missing?  I also want a Macy's  but got to wait one more year on that app.  

Read the highlighted statement 3 times and think about what was said ....Lol

IMHO you need to garden for two reasons 

1) per you... you have all you need and want 

2) but you want more.....interesting 

MJ honesty moment

I think you need to garden and come up with a plan for the next year because you're either app happy or not planning your future ....sorry being honest 

Which is exactly what gardening is all about ....planning while learning.

Knowing what's good for your profile and what you need for your spending habits 

As well as an support system of friends that will help and guide you when things get tough (app fever)

And just a guess but I'm willing to bet you have a lot of INQ's in the last year....Lol How close am I?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I guess what I was saying is that there are a few cards that I want but do not qualify for at this time. My plan once I get those cards will be to stop using my tier 2 cards. Yes I have a lot of apps but my scores have gone up 100 pints in 18 months. My wife and I have also accumulated 200 k in points/miles. I do Lennon app for cards but only those I will actually use. U r right though I need to let those INQ drop off. I have an avg of 12-14 apps on each bureau last 2 yrs. I had twice that number but found a way to get them deleted that I won't talk about on this forum.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 3 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Own up to your inquiries. Even 12 to 14 is a lot. Garden, grow your file and give it a rest.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.