Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in the middle with you....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stuck in the middle with you....

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Are you holding off on app'ing because of the house hunt? If so, I understand.

Yes I don't want to fudge it up.  The middle score has to be above 620 and I'm at 643 630 625 but the first inq dropped my 625 to 620 and if they repull I'll be on the edge. 

You say "I know CU's and etc." I would take $500 (or $100, whatever) and open an account at a local credit union now. Do some researching first in the Yellow Pages to see who's in your area, and find the ones who offer CC's. When you're ready to get a card, try them first. Your FICO's ought to get you a $2500

So I have to ask your opinion.  Do I go to my CU that I grew up with but messed up the Auto loan CC and LOC?  I paid them all off completely...and have a small savings that keeps receiving a deposit each paycheck.  Or would I be better off going to a CU that I haven't upset?

I want you to know that I went to bed last night with "Stuck in the Middle with You" running through my head, and it was still there this morning! Smiley Very Happy One of my all-time favorite songs.

I'm married so don't get any ideas.  LOL

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
When you're ready to get a card, try them first. Your FICO's ought to get you a $2500 - $5000 card, I would think, depending on your income.

BofA might work out. Citi likes relatively clean reports, so I don't know how they'd view your judgments. That's why I recommend CU's. You can meet with them face-to-face, and they are generally more willing to work with those whose histories are a bit battered.

HA, I wish your score alone would determine CL!  HTSU, are you assuming that a CU would give her a higher CL than other CCCs?  I think MJ's baddies (I got from her post that she has COs) may preclude her from getting such high limits.  I know I can't and my scores are about 50-60 points higher than hers...

Also, yes MJ avoid Citi.  They won't take you with paid or unpaid COs.  And IMO most likely one can't expect to jump straight from secured to the big hitters like BOA, Citi, etc.  Especially not with baddies hanging around.
Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You might well be right--I lost track of the exact nature of the baddies. Well, Plan B: when the time comes, print out your most recent FICO scores and reports, and see if a CU would let you know if you're in the ballpark before doing a hard inq. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
You might well be right--I lost track of the exact nature of the baddies. Well, Plan B: when the time comes, print out your most recent FICO scores and reports, and see if a CU would let you know if you're in the ballpark before doing a hard inq. Smiley Wink

I have 3 accounts all with the CU that went 120 or 150 days pd.  none actually charged off and I did pay them off in full 2003-2004.  But your points still hold value.  Thanks

EDIT:   I did state I have an AMEX charge off but it is 8 years old and no longer reported by CRA's 

Message Edited by MinnesotaJ on 03-31-2008 05:25 PM
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.